IGNORED

THE OTHER PEOPLE PLACE - Lifestyles Of The Laptop Café REISSUE!!!

pizza

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recall thinking this album was super dull back when I listened to it... Will have to revisit.

First track "Eye Contact", is my jam. It's all about that pimp bass line.

One of the few Drexciyan related things I evervreally felt.

Stone cold classic.

Perhaps the most warm and soulful of any of the Drexciya-related side projects, with a uniquely light and airy atmosphere due to the less 909 usage but a lot more 606, and a general drop in tempo. mmm Those nice sizzly cymbals. 

It's only the record 'Electric Café' could've been.

It's a shame that 'Sunday Night Live At The Laptop Cafe' came out on Clone cause i'd have liked to have seen a repress of that, even if it is only one track.

It's a shame that 'Sunday Night Live At The Laptop Cafe' came out on Clone cause i'd have liked to have seen a repress of that, even if it is only one track.

I think they repressed it a few years ago maybe, because I bought that one from Clone like 5 years ago when suddenly they had it back in stock. Perhaps they just found some leftover stock though... 

Already bought this album on CD years ago too (I think also through Clone, or Bleep, not sure) but this one is VERY high up in my alltime fave albums list. Ultimate summer album, just oozes with soul, absolute game changer for me personally. Very glad I was patient because there were a few moments where I was about to buy a second hand copy on discogs...

Last Sold: 16 Nov 16
Lowest: €47.00
Median: €147.50
Highest: €220.00

I feel for these people.

Stone cold classic.

Perhaps the most warm and soulful of any of the Drexciya-related side projects, with a uniquely light and airy atmosphere due to the less 909 usage but a lot more 606, and a general drop in tempo. mmm Those nice sizzly cymbals.

It's only the record 'Electric Café' could've been.

There's two track on this 12"

Archived