IGNORED

THE OTHER PEOPLE PLACE - Lifestyles Of The Laptop Café REISSUE!!!

pizza

I recall thinking this album was super dull back when I listened to it...

same here don't understand the kvlt like praise
not for me either - though it's been a few years, maybe I'll revisit it again.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stone cold classic.

Perhaps the most warm and soulful of any of the Drexciya-related side projects, with a uniquely light and airy atmosphere due to the less 909 usage but a lot more 606, and a general drop in tempo. mmm Those nice sizzly cymbals.

It's only the record 'Electric Café' could've been.

It's a shame that 'Sunday Night Live At The Laptop Cafe' came out on Clone cause i'd have liked to have seen a repress of that, even if it is only one track.

There's two track on this 12"

I mean just one Other People Place track, it was a split release with Sherard Ingram. 

Stone cold classic.

Perhaps the most warm and soulful of any of the Drexciya-related side projects, with a uniquely light and airy atmosphere due to the less 909 usage but a lot more 606, and a general drop in tempo. mmm Those nice sizzly cymbals.

It's only the record 'Electric Café' could've been.

It's a shame that 'Sunday Night Live At The Laptop Cafe' came out on Clone cause i'd have liked to have seen a repress of that, even if it is only one track.

There's two track on this 12"

I mean just one Other People Place track, it was a split release with Sherard Ingram. 

yes, just noticed that .

• 2 weeks later...

So did this have anything to do with the online petition to warp to reissue the record? Last time it popped up on my wall it had a lot of signatures. 

Also 1 week ban for ivan, sanchez and mcbpete

^ dumb comment

Anyone read that fact mag article about sorrow and a cup of Joe where they are pondering the meaning of "only mochaccino" lol a start would be getting the lyrics correct

Yeah you kinda need a full Drexcyen immersion to fully understand the illness of this album.

And to the uninitiated it really does sound like "only cappuccino" so you're gonna have to face FACTs lo-pez that somazdem not as woke as /u

While on the Sunday Night Live At The Laptop Cafe tip, anyone know if/where it can be purchased on the digital vinlys?  Discogs sez there is a wav version of the release, though this could very well be from Clone once having a web shop open for 20 mins or so kinda like Rephlex did

I've listened to this album so many times, and since I pirated it way back when I was a student there is no justification for not putting my money where my ears are and have been through the years. Such a great album.

Favourite track: Moonlight Rendevouz.

• 4 weeks later...

it's coming 

http://www.factmag.com/2017/02/09/the-other-people-place-sunday-night-live-clone-reissue/

woohooooo 

also listening the album rn

:what do we have here:

Archived