IGNORED

THE OTHER PEOPLE PLACE - Lifestyles Of The Laptop Café REISSUE!!!

pizza

I hadn't heard of this till the reissue announcment so i had a little listen last night and...sorry guys, it isn't doing much for me at all. I guess you had to have an attachment to it from 2001, it sounds ok but it's pretty basic

I know right? I can't understand the hype over this thing, other than it was released on Warp. It's just dull.

So do you guys dislike all drexciya or just this?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hadn't  heard of this till the reissue announcment so i had a little listen last night and...sorry guys, it isn't doing much for me at all. I guess you had to have an attachment to it from 2001, it sounds ok but it's pretty basic

I know right? I can't understand the hype over this thing, other than it was released on Warp. It's just dull.

The hype is that until recently this was a very expensive piece of vinyl on discogs that many couldn't afford.

I hadn't heard of this till the reissue announcment so i had a little listen last night and...sorry guys, it isn't doing much for me at all. I guess you had to have an attachment to it from 2001, it sounds ok but it's pretty basic

Who cares?

:cisfor:

I hadn't  heard of this till the reissue announcment so i had a little listen last night and...sorry guys, it isn't doing much for me at all. I guess you had to have an attachment to it from 2001, it sounds ok but it's pretty basic

The hype is that until recently this was a very expensive piece of vinyl on discogs that many couldn't afford.

It's this + I think most fans genuinely think it's a great album, me included.

No I don't dislike all Drexciya, nor is it just this that I'm not fond of. My original post was too flippant and simplistic.

I guess I was forgetting just how long this has been out of print. I just think that this is mediocre both in Drexciya's canon and in the wider context of the genre as a whole. It's just my opinion, and I genuinely don't get and would like to know why people love this so much?

I too was unaware of this record til the reissue business came about, so I Spotified it a couple weeks ago and I gotta say, I enjoyed it.

Don't know how I feel about the vocal samples. They seem a little unnecessary imo, but that's just me. I always thought the kid voices ruined the music on Hangable Auto Bulb and I know many people would string me up for saying that.

But other than that, it's a pretty solid album. I wouldn't mind betting this has been a direct influence on artists like Dave Monolith.

I too was unaware of this record til the reissue business came about, so I Spotified it a couple weeks ago and I gotta say, I enjoyed it.

Don't know how I feel about the vocal samples. They seem a little unnecessary imo, but that's just me. I always thought the kid voices ruined the music on Hangable Auto Bulb and I know many people would string me up for saying that.

But other than that, it's a pretty solid album. I wouldn't mind betting this has been a direct influence on artists like Dave Monolith.

The goofy vocals are something of a Drexciya hallmark, and are a throwback to electro acts like Newcleus and Cybotron, They seem to off-set the seriousness of some of the music but yeah it crosses the line into annoying occassionally, especially on the Der Zyklus early stuff

why even bother repressing it if it sounds bad.... tears....

no one else had any issues?

Try the Dance Mania 2013 repress of Work That...  , only record I'd throw away because it's so bad (check the comments). I'm amazed the label didn't caught it before putting it in the stores?!

This one sounds fine to me, no problems.

Accidentally ruined disk 1 of this before even having the chance to play it, next time I'll try not leaving a metal ashtray on top of an album.

:facepalm::wtf:

???? how and why did this even happen?

• 1 month later...

Archived