IGNORED

the Day for Night aphex twin 12"

Ivan Ooze

Anyone heard it yet or is everyone putting it up for slander sale in mint condition? 

I heard the rip and it appears to be 2 mixes of the same "track", each 10 minutes of hellfukking afx savage mode and 2 be godhonnest i love it!!! :cattears:

most likely this will be released by warp so NEW AWESOME SHIT IMMINENT AGAIN?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't listened to it, but I plan to this weekend. Gotta do some adjustments to my setup before I can listen proper. I think I'll try to rip it as well and see how that comes out.

I listened to mine, it's rad as hell. Rips are pretty accurate to how it sounds coming out of my modest speaker setup. Lotta low end on this bad boy, but some nice crisp hats and claps on side B

was wondering how it sounds with you guys who have the vinyl, sounds like a kvlt evil ep so cherish it you lucky bastards

wonder what's gonna happen, bring it on

I listened to mine, it's rad as hell. Rips are pretty accurate to how it sounds coming out of my modest speaker setup. Lotta low end on this bad boy, but some nice crisp hats and claps on side B

was wondering how it sounds with you guys who have the vinyl, sounds like a kvlt evil ep so cherish it you lucky bastards

wonder what's gonna happen, bring it on

I'm almost positive that one of the mixes is gonna be on the next proper release

I would never sell this record. We have been through too much together!

I finally got to listen to the first side of my copy. The track sounded incredible even on my modest speakers. 
It does not feel like a 10 minute track because it is so mesmerizing.

I think i might spin side 2 later on good headphones, and reverse that tomorrow.

Sounds like live jams to me - I like them especially side B

But imagine he'd kept one of the unreleased Syro faves for this....

Or if it was a squarpusher split - one of the rome tracks (that it was a collab)

Everyones shit would be lost....forever

I don't usually like his tracks like this (straight jam tracks like 180db or whatever) but this is banging. Really like it.

Agreed with those that say it doesn't seem like a 10 min track. I thought I had listened 45 seconds and checked it was 3:30

yeah i like side B. anyone else think it sounds like he's shredding on his electron RYTM?

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/92244-guess-whats-on-the-new-aphex-twin-record/?p=2511439

nice, thanks. 

It's great to have two versions of the track in question to compare. Kind of gives an insight as to how the man works (not that we didn't get this with Syro) making multiple passes on a theme...

yeah i like side B. anyone else think it sounds like he's shredding on his electron RYTM?

Could be but also the track has the name Stillson in it which could refer to this bit of lush modular kit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFfVzDPL3jQ

...just noticed that little jam is commented on by Robin Rimbaud aka Scanner who I believe is friends with RDJ.

Could be but also the track has the name Stillson in it which could refer to this bit of lush modular kit -

...just noticed that little jam is commented on by Robin Rimbaud aka Scanner who I believe is friends with RDJ.

so the drone could be the stillson module?

Could be but also the track has the name Stillson in it which could refer to this bit of lush modular kit -

so the drone could be the stillson module?

Dunno, just speculating based on the title, although it actually says -no stillson - https://www.discogs.com/Aphex-Twin-Houston-TX-121716/release/9522622

It doesn't sound like anything too special, just some raw jam session...reminds me of the recent caustic window material or perhaps it's more unreleased stuff from the vaults.  I still like it though none the less.

Archived