IGNORED

the Day for Night aphex twin 12"

Ivan Ooze

Have I committed a faux pas? I mean, I actually want the record for the record itself, not to resell it on Discogs or the like. Really not sure how else I could get a copy as I don't plan to physically attend the European fests...

Not sure if he was assuming you were gonna sell it or what. If someone could get their hands on a couple copies and hook you up for double the price that would be cool. Although I recall someone saying there was a 1 copy per person limit on these exclusives anyways right? If that's the case I could see how making $250-400 for a copy would be a better deal for a WATMMer that doesn't own a record player and came out of pocket to attend the show. Good luck though, I'm sure there's a few golden hearts out there that might do you a big favor if they can.

Initially the Hoston record was unlimited per customer (for the first hour or so). By the time I arrived around 3 PM it was limited to 1 per customer. Not sure if they will employ a similar strategy for the upcoming fest merch. My guess would be no and it will be more strictly limited from the getgo at these upcoming fests as people are now anticipating these and will flood the merch stands more immediately.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please - until we get some direction on this, DO NOT post any links to download rips of this release on WATMM - regardless of your feelings about the exclusivity of this release, we must respect the artist's wishes first and foremost.

whenever i see a joyrex post labelled as "best answer" I basically assume he's able to flag his own posts "best answer"  regardless who started the topic..

I did that so people thinking of posting a link (and missed my post) would hopefully see it and think twice.

Sorry, really sorry Joyrex... The next time i PM u 2 know if is legal or not... It's from archive site so i believe it was legal...

No problem - just because it's online elsewhere doesn't make it legal or legitimate :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

I am completely overwhelmed at how mental this release is. I was pretty much expecting more modular sound design jams or some analord outtake 303 type stuff, but this is justincredible. It's like a harder Saw II outtake meets AB3, with a dash of you guys called it, Bradley Strider, but very fresh sounding. Pulverizing, obsessive, hypnotic, textured and deep, with a subtely evolving character. This is honestly everyhing I could dream of in an aphex track. Plz rdj, full album like this!

these 2 tracks are fun. love how they keep changing. had a lil dream that the records released at live gigs (along with that "Tech 004" release) will form a special lil album by this time next year :happy:

It just occurred to me that merch lines at future gigs will be 100% clotted now. It was surreal to hear the rumor first and then roll up to an empty tent to buy it. Just a lone hippy chick attendant excited to say "none of us have any idea what is on it!"

Having a bit of crust on me from import CDs of yore, Analord and the like, I just said "goddamnit Richard" and forked over my $20

When she said it is unreleased, my face literally dropped, and I pulled my wallet out faster than you can blink.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived