• Danny Brown - Atrocity Exhibition
    • Datach'i - System
    • David Bowie - Blackstar
    • Death Grips - Bottomless Pit
    • Demdike Stare - Wonderland
    • EOD - EODS
    • Future Sound Of London - Environment 6
    • Gold Panda - Good Luck And Do Your Best
    • Huerco S. - For Those Of You Who Have Never (And Also Those Who Have)
    • Ital Tek - Hollowed
    • Jega - 1995
    • Konx-Om-Pax - Caramel
    • Kuedo - Slow Knife
    • Lone - Levitate
    • Machinedrum - Human Energy
    • Mark Pritchard - Under The Sun
    • Meshuggah - The Violent Sleep Of Reason
    • Odd Nosdam - Sisters
    • Oval - Popp
    • Patten - Ψ
    • Pilotredsun - Achievement
    • Plaid - The Digging Remedy
    • Pye Corner Audio - Stasis
    • Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool
    • Roly Porter - Third Law
    • Swans - The Glowing Man
    • The Caretaker - Everywhere At The End Of Time
    • The Orb - COW / Chill Out, World!
    • Underworld - Barbara Barbara, We Face A Shining Future
    • Venetian Snares - Traditional Synthesizer Music

Autechre gonna win by all the fanboy votes

votes for Autechre

Lol I'm a total AE fanboy but disliked much of elseq...I voted for Demdike.
It's a funny one as there's a fair bit of elseq I find a bit..dunno...unnecessary, especially elseq 2 & 3. Still...*votes for elseq*

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

votes for Autechre

It's a funny one as there's a fair bit of elseq I find a bit..dunno...unnecessary, especially elseq 2 & 3. Still...*votes for elseq*

votes for Autechre

For me it's maybe the best Autechre album since Untilted. It's head above anything else on the list.

If I had to pick a second place I would say The Orb, but the list is also missing some of my favorites from last year so IDK.

votes for Autechre

For me it's maybe the best Autechre album since Untilted. It's head above anything else on the list.

If I had to pick a second place I would say The Orb, but the list is also missing some of my favorites from last year so IDK.

I picked 1991 - No More Dreams

Guest bitroast

Voted for Bon Iver cause i'm dumb and impressionable. Really like the album though

voted radiohead cos it was honestly the album i rinsed most in 2016 i reckon + easily got me right back into radiohead fan mode. 

also would've liked to voted for autechre or blackstar. elseq being the 4 hour glorious behemoth that it is, + blackstar being this strong hardcore jazzy idm album about death and life and whatever that just completely clicked and opened up thematically after his passing, both feel like really strong albums that deserve recognition 

but i went with what i listened to the most :^)

Guest bitroast

Else-q is an album?

i consider elseq a 5 part album in the same sense exai is a 2 cd album. or maybe exai is a 4 part album, because of the 4 12"s. 

i tried listening to elseq from start to finish as much as possible more recently~ish and the flow from tracks between the different parts definitely holds up (curvcaten into elyc6 0nset, c7b2 into eastre, etc.) so while yes it's splitten up into 5 parts for convenience (convenience in listening, convenience in selling/buying) i still 100% consider it an 'album', just granted a really long album. 

OK, I think my favorites albums from 2016, like cohesive theme albums, and not compilations of tracks:

1. Frank Ocean - Blonde

2. Pilotredsun - Achievement

3. Blaz - Don't listen to this

4. Alex Smoke - Love Over Will

5. J Cole. - 4 Your Eyez Only

These just strike to the core with me, and have been on repeat all the time

Why can we only vote for one? I'm so bad at narrowing down especially because I enjoyed many different genres over the year and they're hard to weigh against each other. I;m sure elseq is gonna sweep thiseven though I found it to be underwhelming against the rest of the Ae catalog.

so, after about a week, I guess we can safely say Autechre of the Year goes to elsucc. EODS is the runner-up (or the true #1, by some interpretations).

thank ya bitches.

Why can we only vote for one? I'm so bad at narrowing down especially because I enjoyed many different genres over the year and they're hard to weigh against each other. I;m sure elseq is gonna sweep thiseven though I found it to be underwhelming against the rest of the Ae catalog.

because only allowing one vote is going to cause the people who would otherwise vote for AE to rethink their vote, as evidenced by the poll results :^)

If Mr Oizo - All Wet was up here I would have considered that instead of AE. But that AE was just my favorite thing to listen to over and over.

Really? I personally thought that it was one of his weakest albums to date; all filler no killer. Or at least far from his best output (and let alone AOTY).

If Mr Oizo - All Wet was up here I would have considered that instead of AE. But that AE was just my favorite thing to listen to over and over.

Really? I personally thought that it was one of his weakest albums to date; all filler no killer. Or at least far from his best output (and let alone AOTY).

I just listen to it all the time. It will always get stuck in my head driving down the road in silence. Maybe it's the turn signal tempos.

Honestly, I have not listened to much of his stuff over the years. Just learned about him with Flat Beat when it came out. I saw the video Eric W directed, but otherwise it was like an album of nothing but memorable tracks. What Mr Oizo album would you put above All Wet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? I personally thought that it was one of his weakest albums to date; all filler no killer. Or at least far from his best output (and let alone AOTY).

I just listen to it all the time. It will always get stuck in my head driving down the road in silence. Maybe it's the turn signal tempos.

Honestly, I have not listened to much of his stuff over the years. Just learned about him with Flat Beat when it came out. I saw the video Eric W directed, but otherwise it was like an album of nothing but memorable tracks. What Mr Oizo album would you put above All Wet?

His previous (The Church) and Lambs Anger are dope, but nothing goes above his debut Analog Worms Attack imho. All Wet is so dull and 'within all boundaries' compared to most of his other work, check it out my man - you'll be pleasantly surprised!

His previous (The Church) and Lambs Anger are dope, but nothing goes above his debut Analog Worms Attack imho. All Wet is so dull and 'within all boundaries' compared to most of his other work, check it out my man - you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Moustache (Half a Scissor) is on the level, if not above Analog Worms Attack - actually i don't know what is the level. Everything else doesn't compare, that was pure inspiration.

because only allowing one vote is going to cause the people who would otherwise vote for AE to rethink their vote, as evidenced by the poll results :^)

But voting for more than one as we've always done makes things more apparent and doesn't pose an ultimatum on voters. You can vote for everything you love and the results (and excitement of participation factor) are up.

Archived