IGNORED

Domino Set

Nenlow66

Anyone aware of any sets/recordings similar to the Domino set? Been listening to this set a lot (especially after a few drinks); strikes me as white hot and atypical of other output. Especially parts 2 and 3 in the YouTube chop.

You mean, other sets from Oversteps tour which sound specifically like Domino, or any other Oversteps tour set? If the second, there's Melbourne and Amsterdam in amazing quality.

Also, someone recently posted a higher quality recording of Domino, from a source different than the YT one. Have you already checked it out?

You mean, other sets from Oversteps tour which sound specifically like Domino, or any other Oversteps tour set? If the second, there's Melbourne and Amsterdam in amazing quality.

Also, someone recently posted a higher quality recording of Domino, from a source different than the YT one. Have you already checked it out?

Thanks...will look for M and A; and the higher quality D set.

Haven't found a better recording of an Oversteps show than Domino. It's just raw and full of energy where others seem to be really dry and lifeless, I've listened to it probably over a hundred times at this point.

• 1 year later...

i always found the (recordings of the) oversteps sets too punishing for my taste.  its all at like 10/10 energy.  even when they change it up in the high end, that one kick sound is constantly pounding.

ive listened to quaristice tour and post-exai recordings much more because of this, they have more discernable sections and dynamics.

maybe a higher quaility recording would change my mind tho.

i always found the (recordings of the) oversteps sets too punishing for my taste. its all at like 10/10 energy. even when they change it up in the high end, that one kick sound is constantly pounding.

ive listened to quaristice tour and post-exai recordings much more because of this, they have more discernable sections and dynamics.

maybe a higher quaility recording would change my mind tho.

I know what your saying about that kick drum. And it’s that white hot, savage, wilderness intensity that I love! Lots of other fuckery going on beyond and around that kick drum tho.

Hadn't listened to this one in a very long time, thanks for the bump. One of the better fan recordings, bass is pretty solid somehow. I think the copy I have was remastered by someone (amni? not labeled as such tho) at some point, perhaps the original recorder? Praise be to everyone in the line that got it to my ears right now. Some really sublime shit going on. Only about 20 minutes in but the beats aren't too pummeling or intense, but the overall set would be so nice as a soundboard of course :)

edit: i spoke too soon. beats start getting pummeling and intense. :)

On youtube there is this version of Domino that seems to have a different, cleaner mastering, at last compared to the 2 or 3 versions that i have:

in any case, the Oversteps tour is one of the strangest phenomena that sound has ever emitted in the history of life.

Everything is moving, everything is growing. There is a part, in particular, of a beauty that goes beyond my comprehension: it starts 8 minutes from the end and reaches at 2 minutes from the end. A melody accesses (built on different sounds, changeable and evasive), the bass follows it without ever really meeting it, in the meantime the rhythm changes without finding rest, slows down, accelerates, in a succession of traps that I do not think I've ever heard elsewhere: it is a contorted, poetic and alien work even for the highest standart of the same autechre.

I believe that if all this will never be published, when our two will leave (I hope as late as possible, years after me), they will not be able to rest in peace.

Autechre please.

On youtube there is this version of Domino that seems to have a different, cleaner mastering, at last compared to the 2 or 3 versions that i have:

in any case, the Oversteps tour is one of the strangest phenomena that sound has ever emitted in the history of life.

Everything is moving, everything is growing. There is a part, in particular, of a beauty that goes beyond my comprehension: it starts 8 minutes from the end and reaches at 2 minutes from the end. A melody accesses (built on different sounds, changeable and evasive), the bass follows it without ever really meeting it, in the meantime the rhythm changes without finding rest, slows down, accelerates, in a succession of traps that I do not think I've ever heard elsewhere: it is a contorted, poetic and alien work even for the highest standart of the same autechre.

I believe that if all this will never be published, when our two will leave (I hope as late as possible, years after me), they will not be able to rest in peace.

Autechre please.

ps: this part is absent on other dates: the ending is always different

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXQLQI-W2fg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1ZLcRHh7fY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KdOk5FG6vI

Everything is moving, everything is growing. There is a part, in particular, of a beauty that goes beyond my comprehension: it starts 8 minutes from the end and reaches at 2 minutes from the end. A melody accesses (built on different sounds, changeable and evasive), the bass follows it without ever really meeting it, in the meantime the rhythm changes without finding rest, slows down, accelerates, in a succession of traps that I do not think I've ever heard elsewhere: it is a contorted, poetic and alien work even for the highest standart of the same autechre.

Autechre please.

+ infinity

I want to say I read in AAA that they did some of their own recordings of the Oversteps tour. This and OneSix dudes. 

Rob, Sean pls:

Stop holding out on us

Autechre create awesome ambient-ish album full of lush melodies and sounds.

Promotional tour is brutal, uncompromising techno and devastation.

ae = lush

Yeah those were my thoughts exactly back then in Berghain... "DAFUQ". Absolutely punishing set supporting the most tinkly aelbum.

Autechre create awesome ambient-ish album full of lush melodies and sounds.

Promotional tour is brutal, uncompromising techno and devastation.

ae = lush

Yeah those were my thoughts exactly back then in Berghain... "DAFUQ". Absolutely punishing set supporting the most tinkly aelbum.

Plink. Plank. Plonk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXQLQI-W2fg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1ZLcRHh7fY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KdOk5FG6vI

Autechre please.

After relisteminv yet again, Ive concretely established that I like those YouTube recordings (w/e their origin) a whole lot better than the remastered one (amni?) Almost makes me wonder if it’s the recording itself that helps bring out that savage wilderness quality (that certain something in the high)

Maybe the soundboard would be a letdown??

Archived