IGNORED

New track.

Vibe Origin

Thanks guys!

lush pads and nice melodies. drums a little light and thin for my taste, but if you want the emphasis on the other stuff, that's cool

Yeah, I didn't want to emphasise the drums too much, rather treat them as a background.

I really like the pads too. The synth's are nicely detuned too, the release sounds lush. Id have to agree abut the beats too. Personally I feel the bass your using isn't enough to fill the lows out in the quieter sections. In the louder more fully on parts of the tune Its perfect though. Good length too. I was interested through out.

i like the vibe on this one for sure. reminds me of cylob. i'd agree the drums could be more up front and maybe a bit more dynamic as well. also in terms of the mix/arrangement i feel like some of the synths overlap too much. maybe some stereo separation/widening on the pads would help there? 

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting intro and transition into the actual thickness of the tune. The dreamy pads hovering over the top are complimentary to the doused drum kit sound. Dancey and futuristic and also a little melancholy.. Nice work!

i feel like some of the synths overlap too much. maybe some stereo separation/widening on the pads would help there? 

+1. rest is ace. i also actually like that the drums stay in the background....maybe add some more variation and dynamic there. superb melodies and nice arrangment/ track building skills.

Really nice stuff, squelchy reverbed lead around the 1 min part is lovely! As are the pads :)

What I'd do if this was my track -

- Add some reverb/delay to that lead synth at the beginning, it needs some distance. Maybe the pads too. At the moment it feels like the melodies are fighting each other a little

- Compress/limit/distort those drums somehow, they do sound a little thin for my taste
- Play with the panning / stereo width on all the melody parts to get them sitting nicely.

This is all fine tuning though, you already have a killer track!

• 3 weeks later...

This is really good.

I agree about the drums being too thin, the 707 has prominent sounds by nature so it feels kind of weird to hear them so low in the mix

Love everything else about it though!

Archived