4050486980101.jpg

1. Before The Dam Broke

2. Dive Into The Grave

3. Five Demiurgic Options

4. Sferic Ghost Transmits / Fear The Crown

5. Seven Virgins

6. The Prophet Sequence

source

Just did a quick google to see if I could find some more info, Track lengths up on Juno - Hour of new Shackleton incoming! :)

1.  Before The Dam Broke 11:14 60
£0.83
   2.  Dive Into The Grave 10:24 64
£0.83
   3.  Five Demiurgic Options 09:12 67
£0.83
   4.  Spheric Ghost/Fear The Crown 16:04 65
£0.83
   5.  Seven Virgins 11:09 73
£0.83
   6.  The Prophet Sequence 04:20 65
£0.83

Quite a different offering from Zeke, assuming it is he. Still rad tho.

he's confirmed it. his trademark is in the linework.

The style does seem vaguely familiar where else might I have seen this Zeke guy's work?

other Shackleton covers, my dude. he's done a lot of the gnarly old Skull Disco covers. longtime collaborator.

The style does seem vaguely familiar where else might I have seen this Zeke guy's work?

other Shackleton covers, my dude. he's done a lot of the gnarly old Skull Disco covers. longtime collaborator.

Ah okay, re-looking at Music for the Quiet Hour I see the style now... I only own that one and the Fabriclive set in physical form.

No-one else makes music like this: devilishly complex but warm and intuitive, stirring together a dizzying assembly of outernational and outerspace influences, whilst retaining the subby funk-and-hot-breath pressure of Shackleton’s soundboy, club roots.

The result is an evolutionary, truly alchemical music — great shifting tides of dub, minimalist composition and choral song (Five Demiurgic Options); ritual spells to ward off the darkness (Before The Dam Broke, The Prophet Sequence); radiophonia and zoned-out guitar improv (Seven Virgins); even the febrile, freeform psychedelia of eighties noise rock (Sferic Ghost Transmits / Fear The Crown).

Over the five years since Music For The Quiet Hour, Vengeance’s vocal and lyrical range has rolled out across this new terrain. Throughout these six transmissions he’s hoarse preacher, sage scholar and ravaged bluesman; blind man marching off to war, and exhausted time-traveller warning of impending socio-ecological catastrophe.

Six dialogic accounts of our conflicted times, then, expanding beyond the treacly unease of the duo’s early collaborative work into something subtler and more emotionally shattering — its shades of brightness more dazzling, and its darkness even murkier.

“We almost didn’t hear it when the foundations went.”

:emotawesomepm9: :emotawesomepm9: :emotawesomepm9::w00t: :w00t:

he's fucking incredible live. I saw him a couple of years ago along with The Bug on the same night and I actually enjoyed him even more cos he pulled out the most banging relentless techno set, but using his trademark sound palette. (read: bomgoz)

Just had 1st listen sounding v nice but then Shackleton never disappoints!

Will need a few more listens to really get my brain round it though and decide just how amazing it is!

Was surprised by Vengeance Tenfold though he has certainly expended on his usual repertoire!

Archived