IGNORED

Dunal - Dunal Chronicles I

Herr Jan

https://eodtracks.bandcamp.com/album/dunal-chronicles-i

a0187382836_10.jpg

Part one of the Dunal Chronicles, featuring the five first EPs released under the "Dunal" name. 

Dunal was Solomon Angelo's mentor and is considered the godfather of the flip scene. Through these releases we get a small glimpse of his considerable madness. 

FLIP001

https://eodtracks.bandcamp.com/album/dunal-chronicles-i

-------------

Didn't expect a full new album to drop on this bandcamp out of nowhere, but damn this is absolutely excellent :music: :music: :music:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what a curious but stunning release...starts off all dreamy and spiritual with layered synths mimicking the kind of peripatetic organ runs you used to get on Alice Coltrane or Terry Riley records, stretched over long tropical house/juke inflected jams but by the last few tracks we have devolved into soupy deconstructed madness with lots of ae style blarps and crunches.

now I can't wait to hear more from the elusive Dunal.

thanks Stian! - your tireless work in the field of ethnomusicology does not go unnoticed.

Guest bitroast

what a curious but stunning release...starts off all dreamy and spiritual with layered synths mimicking the kind of peripatetic organ runs you used to get on Alice Coltrane or Terry Riley records, stretched over long tropical house/juke inflected jams but by the last few tracks we have devolved into soupy deconstructed madness with lots of ae style blarps and crunches.

thanks Stian! - your tireless work in the field of ethnomusicology does not go unnoticed.

the first track reminds me of one that afx at some point or another must've posted cos i have it in an afx tracks youtube playlist but anyway the track flux true feelings

https://youtu.be/A5QLi5Kxhkg

not to undermine this release tho or anything by making comparisions. really enjoying this release. it definitely seems to carry over the lovely dreamy jammy quality that i and a lot of other people seemto've loved in that egyptian timeglass CN album.

the first track reminds me of one that afx at some point or another must've posted cos i have it in an afx tracks youtube playlist but anyway the track flux true feelings

not to undermine this release tho or anything by making comparisions. really enjoying this release. it definitely seems to carry over the lovely dreamy jammy quality that i and a lot of other people seemto've loved in that egyptian timeglass CN album.

This, but I couldn't help but hear a similar soul in the first track as this classic, similar perc:

But damn, Dunal is amazing. I've already been playing it over and over (made todays commute a lot better).

Archived