IGNORED

Dunal - Dunal Chronicles I

Herr Jan

I listened to some EOD but didn't like it that much. But this release actually sounds pretty interesting, never quite heard anything like this before.

I read in the tags: electronic acid braindance cold cold as deep dunal electro flip house nameless opium solomon techno Norway

But I can't really relate it to any of them (except "electronic", obviously). Actually sounds very warm and friendly to me, reminds me on some beautiful hours I spent laying on the couch looking into the cloudy sky and not thinking about anything, not feeling boredom or the will to entertain myself. I normally like the more dark complex side of electronic music as it's just more entertaining a lot of the times but this is just so relaxing and giving me good vibes, I can't even imagine how it feels to feel "bad" or "unconfortable"

That's no standard acid, right? Is there anything similiar?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great release, i can tell i'm going to be revisiting this for quite a while! 'duck on water' especially, i love that one lead synth... also, 'speak to brother get no answer' is amazing, the closest anyone's got to autechre's modern sound using analogue gear

Really been enjoying this. It's different from CN or EOD by quite a stretch, but I can hear some EODS vibes too. Thanks for making music!

The first half shares a kind of other-worldliness with Nu/Artifacts I think, but using a different sound palette.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bitroast

u do what u gotta do :) but yes, more of this would be real nice. albums still being rinsed. 

also just noticed the bandcamp tracks have the ep info.

01 Duck on water From EP1 "Animal synthesizer"

02 Cat in the cloud From EP1 "Animal synthesizer"

03 Dream in sacred smoke From EP2 "Dream in sacred smoke"

04 A ghost of the long night From EP2 "Dream in sacred smoke"

05 Let the spirit take over From EP3 "Most sacred future"

06 Please ward the children From EP3 "Most sacred future"

07 For the holy traveller From EP4 "Lord and conquest"

08 No congregation here From EP4 "Lord and conquest"

09 Speak to brother get no answer From EP5 "Thought transference"

• 7 months later...

Archived