5. Aphex Twin "CHEETAHT2 [Ld spectrum]"

Screenshot_20160609-0918342-768x506.png

In no particular order:

? - Ambulamp

dgoHn – Ralph (Jodey Kendrick Remix)

Dwaallicht - Humidex

EOD - EOD SEND

[bandcamp]1145165421[/bandcamp]

(Closing track, standing in for the amazing series.)

? - Borg_Acid160bpm

[bandcamp]788078320[/bandcamp]

(Yes, technically December 2015, but heck, listened to it lots in 2016.)

That kettle track and 

? - Ambulamp

are A+

also, Jodey's stuff is always quality. Missed out on that Clark track (good shit) and goddamn are we ever gonna hear who's behind the Covert compilation or was norbit (forget his name) just fucking with us? I would really like to know who's behind that borg acid track as well. EOD had some good tracks too. Frogs was my favorite of the bunch.

Edited by Hail Sagan

non-electronicy jams

Oddly, almost all of the songs are lead singles. Usually the contrarian in me prefers the "deep cuts", but single selection was good this year imo.

1. Vektor - Charging The Void

This band took me a few years to warm up too due to those baby metal vocals. But once I did it was a rewarding experience. And then everybody left the band like a week ago. Fuck.

2. Devin Townsend Project - Stormbending

This and Failure were my favorites off of Transcendence. Terria is my favorite Devy album ever and I completely got that vibe from this song. And yeah, I'm aware that the video and some of the lyrics may be a little cringe. I love it.

3. Danny Brown - Pneumonia

I'm not seeing the prog-hop that certain people are claiming is here. It's another Danny Brown album, which is always good in it's own right. The production, however, is some of the best I've heard in a while. It appears in addition to bring energy, personality, changing his voice, and bringing humor and self-deprecation to the table Danny is also a hell of a curator for unique beats. And he didn't overload the album with guest spots. I just wish he would tackle some different themes, do better story telling, etc. 

4. Frank Ocean - Pink And White

copyright protected bullshit. This was kinda my surprise jam of the year, never been a huge R&B fan but the melody and the chorus gets stuck in my head every time I hear it and it's always welcome. Just a legitimately beautiful track.

5. Okkultokrati - Hard To Please, Easy To Kill

last minute discovery courtesy of someone in the metal thread. Awesome blend of styles on this song. 

"The Cut Of My Jib" by µ-Ziq

"Town And Country" by Bibio

"Profane Bong Sue" by Odd Nosdam

"Mr. Mistake (Boards of Canada remix)" by Nevermen

'Cranes In The Sky" by Solange

Autechre - pendulu hv moda

Jam of the year... and I don't even consider myself a proper æ fanboy.

Angel Olsen - Shut Up Kiss Me

Jam City - Air (Instrumental)

Jefre Cantu Ledesma - Love's Refrain

check joshuatx's post above

Rae Sremmurd - Black Beatles

True Widow - O.O.T.P.V.

Flaming Lips - How??

Also:

Mark Pritchard x Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith - Now:Now

v1984 - Synchronized Joy and Sorrow

Antwood - Prototype HA

Blood Orange - Augustine