Blanck Mass - World Eater

WeAreOceans

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3. Please

https://soundcloud.com/sacredbones/blanck-mass-please/

Not blown away but it's pleasant, similar style to Dumb Flesh

Think this sounds way different than Dumb Flesh. Digging it almost like the Knife but slower and then much more voices that are kinda pitched and some straight up beats not just propulsion.

Love this surprise stuff... so it seems that fuck buttons are finished or just a really long break?

3. Please

https://soundcloud.com/sacredbones/blanck-mass-please/

Not blown away but it's pleasant, similar style to Dumb Flesh

Think this sounds way different than Dumb Flesh. Digging it almost like the Knife but slower and then much more voices that are kinda pitched and some straight up beats not just propulsion.

Love this surprise stuff... so it seems that fuck buttons are finished or just a really long break?

Hopefully just a long break to right the ship after the big wet fart that was Slow Focus. Ben's been on a tear lately, though, with Dumb Flesh and the Confuso EP, so maybe some time apart will inspire them when they get back together.

also lol just noticed the cover art says "in Stereo" 

thanks Sargent House

Yeah Slow focus was a bit of a dog but there were a few good cuts on it. I actually really dislike the way that Sacred Bones makes the LP covers have their logo and name on them - literally I think they have to. I get it, it is their 'thing' but to me its kinda distracting from the cover and sweet zoomed in images of dog mouth.

There had better be something as good as/better than No Lite on this thing

whoops confusing sargent house and sacred bones. basically the same thing right

Yeah Slow focus was a bit of a dog but there were a few good cuts on it. I actually really dislike the way that Sacred Bones makes the LP covers have their logo and name on them - literally I think they have to. I get it, it is their 'thing' but to me its kinda distracting from the cover and sweet zoomed in images of dog mouth.

at least it's smaller these days? a lot less intrusive than a few years ago

track is good but nothing more... kinda forgettable actually, though i have high hopes for the record as a whole.

what was wrong with Slow Focus? that album is fantastic. maybe my favourite FB release.

Dumb Flesh was a crazy record, looking forward to this A LOT! 'Please' is okay I guess, should listen more to get really into it. Not Dumb Flesh-style at all, I agree.

track is good but nothing more... kinda forgettable actually, though i have high hopes for the record as a whole.

what was wrong with Slow Focus? that album is fantastic. maybe my favourite FB release.

Slow focus to me just kinda felt one-dimensional - like all the songs sounded really similar. I remember feeling underwhelmed and plus the cover art was so weird to me that the whole package just amounted to a forgettable thing. 

I've gotta go back and give it another listen tho maybe it will sound different a few years later... 

Diggin' the new track, and Dumb Flesh was awesome, looking forward to this. I also gotta admit that before this thread, I had no idea Blanck Mass was one of the dudes from Fuck Buttons... Slow Focus was just alright.

Slow focus to me just kinda felt one-dimensional - like all the songs sounded really similar. I remember feeling underwhelmed and plus the cover art was so weird to me that the whole package just amounted to a forgettable thing. 

I've gotta go back and give it another listen tho maybe it will sound different a few years later... 

Agreed. Haven't revisited since its release but after two classics in Street Horrrsing and Tarot Sport, it was a huge step down. Sonically it was just dull, and felt lazy. 

• 3 weeks later...

So I wasn't WOWED by "Please" so I didn't listen to the other single but in context of the whole album... this is fucking awesome, a worthy successor to Dumb Flesh. If Benny boy can keep pumping out albums of this quality by himself who needs Fuck Buttons anyway. Can't wait for the vinyl to arrive.

• 2 weeks later...

Weirdly quiet stream, but man does the album sound good - anyone who was put off by the first two tracks that were promoted, it's worth giving this a go - lots of treats, might even prefer it to Dumb Flesh (although there's nothing here with the same liftoff at the end as No Lite).

it's out!

Please works much better played after Rhesus Negative which is fucking intense! i love the screamed vocals, they remind me of early Fuck Buttons tracks.

Archived