Limited 12" vinyl and digital

Tracklisting:

A1 Poekhali
A2 Black Horizon
B1 Orphans Of The Sky
B2 Tomorrow's Explorers

Duration: 38 minutes.

Press release:

We're living in a unique time in history. Most of our planet has already been traversed and catalogued by people who have come before us. Earth, at least from a geographical perspective, has few discoveries left for us. The true unknown lies in the worlds beyond our own. It's likely that in the next few decades, humans will finally have the means to take our first tentative steps on the surface of our neighbouring planet, Mars. We will be the first known species that has both the knowledge and the desire to transcend our existence beyond our home planet and expand further into space. There may even be people alive today whose children will be born on a planet that isn't called Earth. For them, the concept of "home" has a very different meaning to our own. They will be Tomorrow's Explorers, redefining what it means to be human, whilst retaining the very thing that makes us so - our unquenchable thirst to explore the unknown.

"Tomorrow's Explorers is the follow-up to my 2015 EP 'Sine Dust'. Usually when I finish a record, I draw a line under it and move onto the next concept, with the explicit desire to do something different. After 'Sine Dust', I felt that there was more of a story to tell. Space is a pretty big place! Whereas 'Sine Dust' was a 100% synthesiser-based record, 'Tomorrow's Explorers' expands the sound gamut considerably, introducing heavy string-based sections, that work alongside the synths and pads to create expansive, enveloping walls of sound. This culminates in the 13 minute title track, which I feel is one of my most audibly rich, melodically complex tracks to date. Drawing influence from every other record I've made, whilst taking the sound to new and unfamiliar places, 'Tomorrow's Explorers' is sure to please fans both old and new. The endless themes of space have been explored countless times by artists in the past. It's a limitless source of inspiration for many of us and always a joy to discover. As usual, I hope you enjoy where it takes you." -36

All tracks written & produced by 36 
Artwork & design by Patrick Bunn & 36 
Mastered by Rafael Anton Irisarri @ Black Knoll Studio, New York

---------

+++++++

TGSrUEp.jpg

more?  :w00t:

Last one for a while! The Infinity Room tracks were about 18 months old by the time it was released, so I've finally caught up with the back log of releases. It'll be nice to have an empty schedule for once :)

Will this be on your Bandcamp by any chance?

Digital will be on my Bandcamp day 1 (and all vinyl includes a download code inside to redeem a free digital version there)

Vinyl will initially be sold at Juno and the stores they distribute to. Once those sell out (which probably won't take long if The Infinity Room was any indication) then I'll have a small batch to sell myself on Bandcamp. I wouldn't rely on this if you want to guarantee a copy though, as Juno will have the bulk of the stock and can offer much cheaper international shipping (outside the UK) than I can.

• 2 weeks later...

The digital version is available for pre-order on Bandcamp now, with the track "Orphans of the Sky" available for advance download

https://3six.bandcamp.com/album/tomorrows-explorers

The vinyl version will be available on Monday from Juno https://www.juno.co.uk/products/36-tomorrows-explorers/636783-01/

Also enjoying this. Like your last few releases, this sounds (to me) like it was heavily influenced by mid to late 1980s West Coast Space Music - Michael Stearns, Constance Demby etc. I don't know if that was really the case but it works nicely. 

Also enjoying this. Like your last few releases, this sounds (to me) like it was heavily influenced by mid to late 1980s West Coast Space Music - Michael Stearns, Constance Demby etc. I don't know if that was really the case but it works nicely. 

Planetary Unfolding is a classic, but no, they weren't a conscious influence on this record.

Also, last handful of copies are now at Ultimae, before the record is completely sold out worldwide https://ultimae.com/product/36-tomorrows-explorers-3six-recordings-vinyl-ep/

Archived