IGNORED

David Bowie - No Plan EP

Stock

1484086456-capture-d-ecran-2017-01-10-a-

Surprised nobody mentioned it yet ! Just stumbled upon this sweet EP today. I guess it's the 3 tracks that were supposed to be released along with the recording of the Lazarus musical. It's been released for Bowie's 70th birthday (and today is the anniversary of his death :cry: ).

The tracks were recorded during the Blackstar sessions and share a lot with the LP material. No Plan especially is beautiful. I did not read about a physical release of this EP tho, I'd love to own it, it'd be a nice addition to Blackstar.

Also, music video for the title track :

Given that record companies are completely rinsing his catalogue now, I'd imagine this will get a vinyl soon.

Then it will get a limited edition. Then it will be part of a new Blackstar box set. Again limited.

You know what they're like.

Great EP. This last batch of stuff (blackstar included) is certainly the best bowie material since the 80s.

Hopefully there will be some kind of limited ed 7" picture disc released as a record store day item.

Not so unimaginable, seeing as though they often have put out limited Bowie 7"s for RSD.

I would LOVE that. 

:wub:

Guest bitroast

agreeing here that i'd love a standalone release. want those tracks but i definitely do not have any interest in owning a 3xLP vinyl product featuring michael c hall singing david bowie in my collection. i've always had the assumption the record companies know this as well, tacking the bowie tracks with the musical tracks to get people buying the musical soundtrack. 

here's hoping it's a matter of time thing before they drop the EP as a standalone physical product :^)

Given that record companies are completely rinsing his catalogue now, I'd imagine this will get a vinyl soon.

Then it will get a limited edition. Then it will be part of a new Blackstar box set. Again limited.

You know what they're like.

I don't mind the fancy-yet-cash-grabbing-edition stuff as long as they don't slaughter his catalogue by putting out tons of shitty "unreleased track" or a virtual duet with Justin Timberlake or whatever !

And yeah a special release on RSD would be a smart move.

I didn't new the musical was already out with those tracks, really surprised I didn't heard about it :( !

Guest bitroast

i bumped the blackstar thread with the musical soundtrack release, didn't bother to make a standalone thread cos i wasn't too interested. my bad!

thinking about it now, the price for the musical release isn't too terrible and does mean getting a standalone 1 sided lp disc with the bowie tracks on it..

*compares local music store listing price to ~average discogs price* hooooooly shit. 

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/music/Whats-Hot/cast-recordings-soundtrack/lazarus-ocr-the-orginial-cast-recording-to-the-musical-by-david-bowie-and-enda-w/315701/

no. way in hell. 

• 1 month later...

Archived