IGNORED

Songs: Ohia - Ghost Tropic

woofer

Yeah they're just the same dude, hardly the same vibe though. Unfortunately Jason passed away a few years ago.

Some stuff that gets close... Well, I think he really sounds like Will Oldham vocally at times, especially on that album, but the rest is still pretty different. Some For Carnation had the same mood at times, there's generally a bunch of Electrical Audio/Slinty folk-infused post-rock that shares that type of sound, but there's nothing to recommend that will specifically echo Ghost Tropic. That's a good thing, actually.

I'd say check out stuff released on Touch & Go/Quarterstick, Comedy Minus One, 12XU... Joel RL Phelps and the Downer Trio carries much of the same sadness (both in life and in music), but again it's hard to compare.

@woofer: My bad. I thought you wanted tips about SO in general. Some of the tracks gives me the same feeling as Molinas solo albums. You should check out Wovenhands "Blush Music". It doesn't sound like Ghost Tropic, but it´s also in the experimental singer/songwriter, alt-country genre. Long ambient parts, a bit of field recording, dark and with and great lyrics/melodies.

Archived