IGNORED

Sandoz - #9294

Cheladrix

I've just been listening to a lot of 90's Richard H Kirk stuff. I wasn't really into it much when it came out, oddly, but now it's really sounding great. So I was pleased to see this set, none of which I had. There's also an 8cd set of his stuff from 74-89, all more industrial/experimental. I like the 90's stuff better, but I know the earlier material will appeal more to some. Read a funny review from a more industrial minded dude who totally trashed the Sandoz stuff here:

http://thequietus.com/articles/21537-richard-h-kirk-sandoz-box-set-album-review-cabaret-voltaire

But I figured this board might lean more towards Sandoz, as I do.

From Mute:

'Sandoz – #9294 (Collected Works 1992 – 1994) is a 5-CD box set, the box includes the 2CD Digital Lifeforms (Redux), the longtime unavailable and newly re-mastered Intensely Radioactive and Dark Continent albums and an album of rarities Runs The Voodoo Down.'

Signed copies here, didn't see this before I got it.

https://www.musicglue.com/richardhkirk/

Yes. This box set is the real deal. Especially if you like the early WARP albums Virtual State and Number of Magic. The bonus disc alone puts most "ambient techno" to shame.

On another RHK note, check "Nitrogen - Intoxica". It is like Sandoz reduced down to pure electro energy.

• 3 weeks later...

one of Britain's finest sound explorers

Sandoz, Electronic Eye & Sweet Exorcist underpin the full force of RHK @ the peak of his powers & are among the best releases in electronica

apart from 1 or 2 things on Intone, the man can do no wrong, so much so even collectibles are well worth the shekels plus avoiding piracy is supports the work

RHK is one of handful of producers worth getting all completionist about, so £££-in here

This is on my wantlist, hopefully I can get one of the signed copies before they sell out. Bought Virtual State about 6 months ago and was blown away by the quality.

• 4 months later...

Don't forget the trio of cabaret Voltaire albums from the 90's on instinct records around the same time as the rhk releases on warp and the sandoz/electronic eye stuff

Don't forget the trio of cabaret Voltaire albums from the 90's on instinct records around the same time as the rhk releases on warp and the sandoz/electronic eye stuff

Incredible trilogy there.

• 1 year later...

Just relistened to Project80 of The Conversation today. Epic.

Archived