• Created
  • Last Reply

- Case bound sleeve with 8 page booklet

read: new squarepusher manifesto OR instructions on how to use system 4

Edit: btw nice profile pic pizza

- Case bound sleeve with 8 page booklet

read: new squarepusher manifesto OR instructions on how to use system 4

Edit: btw nice profile pic pizza

Prolly cool pix like with the Ufabulum release.

Also, thanks! Best show

Kinda wish there was another track for the first single, like Don't Go Plastic or E8 Boogie as they sound fucking awesome live. Still tight af this version of Reedham tho.

sound quality is a lot better than his last two live albums, though he probably should've edited out the bum note at the start of Journey to Reedham.

2 x CD? Is that tracklist long enough to warrant that? Or is there some other goodies!

Yeah comes to 64 mins 50 seconds in total. Maybe just a copy/paste mistake from the 2xLP ?

Oh nice, new old songs but now they're not as squarepushery as before. Not my thing at all but I hope he gets some moneys from this so he can go dwell in his jenkinson braindance cave again  :music:

Yeah Reedham is sounding a little too close to the original. Kinda wishing he had gone with a more guitar-heavy version or even used horns for the synth lead to really make this feel like a new take. I dig the drums though. Interested to hear the rest of it!

I still want an Autechre live instruments cover album and a sludge metal cover of Yulquen. Weird I know but next time you listen to Yulquen just picture it.. could be great

I'm kinda turned off by these visual gimmicks, to be honest. There's another band that came through here recently that had a similar schtick: 

I don't mean to disparage people who enjoy that (I like my share of gimmicks, too), but I'm only speaking for my subjective feelings on this matter. 

This has inspired me to revisit classic squarepusher tunes, though, so there's that. 

I still want an Autechre live instruments cover album and a sludge metal cover of Yulquen. Weird I know but next time you listen to Yulquen just picture it.. could be great

lol I actually started on a post-rock cover of Yulquen many years ago (and Nil as well!). Actually most of Amber would sound great played by a post-rock/post-metal band.

I still would like to hear a djent band covering Iera.. that bassline at the beginning just sounds like a fkn Meshuggah riff.

Archived