IGNORED

Shobaleader One - 'Elektrac' new album - Listen to 'Journey to Reedham'

amad

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see how this instrumental band thing is going to fly. Sorry for being a negative nancy. Whats a band without vocals? Ironically, whenever you hear a good instrumental Radiohead track, it's basically electronic music. This instrumental non-electronic band stuff... no no no. Good luck with going in a different direction though. But I dont see this working outside the nostalgia crowd who like to hear different versions of the music the already like.

I hope I'm on the wrong side of history though. Tom is an uber-talent. And imo, these versions prove how good his music was. It's just so f-ing gimmicky in these new covers. Similar to what George Lucas did with the original trilogy. Imoooooooo

I don't see how this instrumental band thing is going to fly. Sorry for being a negative nancy. Whats a band without vocals? Ironically, whenever you hear a good instrumental Radiohead track, it's basically electronic music. This instrumental non-electronic band stuff... no no no. Good luck with going in a different direction though. But I dont see this working outside the nostalgia crowd who like to hear different versions of the music the already like.

I hope I'm on the wrong side of history though. Tom is an uber-talent. And imo, these versions prove how good his music was. It's just so f-ing gimmicky in these new covers. Similar to what George Lucas did with the original trilogy. Imoooooooo

flol

Hot takes ahead but .... Based on the two tracks we've heard so far to me it seems like it'd be a bloody great thing to see/hear live (or if you have seen live previously as a momento) but personally on CD/Vinyl hearing it fresh it comes across more like 'Here's songs you have already but recorded in a way that don't sound as good as the originals'

Yeah pretty much

Duncan-Bannatyne.jpg

AHM OOT

So, do we know what's up with the second disc yet for the cd release? Or what the "promo material" is?

"Please note that the 2 x CD format of this release features the same tracklist as the 2 LP vinyl format."

Dunno what you mean by promo material but the album comes with a sticker that bleep considers a "promo item"

I mean, had anyone received their cds and confirmed its 2cd and just contains the album? Because that makes no sense to do from a cost perspective

Neither do sub-40 minute 2xLPs with 5 minutes of music on a side, but that's how it is. If you don't trust Bleep you can check Discogs. It's just those 11 tracks on the 2xCD.

Lol easy cowboy was just askin!

Hey, this is the one out of 100 post where I was genuinely trying not to be a cunt... Just stating facts. Is it the "that's how it is" that seems agressive?

Back on topic, just gave the album a first listen and there's not many surprises to it, having watched the live vids and all, but it's still as good as I expected. Dunno if I'll keep coming back to this album as much as I did the last few SP albums

Guest bitroast

Lol easy cowboy was just askin!

Hey, this is the one out of 100 post where I was genuinely trying not to be a cunt... Just stating facts. Is it the "that's how it is" that seems agressive?

Back on topic, just gave the album a first listen and there's not many surprises to it, having watched the live vids and all, but it's still as good as I expected. Dunno if I'll keep coming back to this album as much as I did the last few SP albums

another album warp have soured by endless onslaught of 'here is the next best thing you need in your life' online marketing and teasing. huh!! who woulda thought !!

Archived