IGNORED

Shobaleader One - 'Elektrac' new album - Listen to 'Journey to Reedham'

amad

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

They've just played here at the Nijmeegse Vierdaagse and I've made a recording that I've put->; https://www.mediafire.com/?g08anqp85iz1bq0

It was recorded using a zoom H2 with OKM plugin mic, with which I couldn't adjust the recording input low enough to avoid clipping :( , maybe some of you mastering wizards can 'fix' the clipping/sound? 

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on the performance, but I almost universally prefer watching a band.. unless it's a solo electronic musician doing interesting improvisational stuff like Tim Exile.

Even so, there's something about that energy of 3–6 people onstage playing the music live.. imo.

Squarepusher's gone on about how he doesn't like to feel the crowd watching him, hence the increasingly odd masks.

But seeing his face gurn and emote lends a certain energy to his performance that I really love. He's far moire expressive than RDJ, say. RDJ uses his own face in the lightshow so tjhat seems to make up for his stil concentration. Its all good!

The you got the Ae boys who just play in the dark so they bypass these things altogether.

In the end all this is different to bands - not worse or better.... simply different

They've just played here at the Nijmeegse Vierdaagse and I've made a recording that I've put->; https://www.mediafire.com/?g08anqp85iz1bq0

It was recorded using a zoom H2 with OKM plugin mic, with which I couldn't adjust the recording input low enough to avoid clipping :( , maybe some of you mastering wizards can 'fix' the clipping/sound? 

Nice- thanks! Sounds way better than my videos at the Chicago show which are all just completely blasted, but here's a clip anyway. It was pretty incredible. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gvis6pxfdojbzj1/Shobaleader_Chicago_2017-07-02.mov?dl=0

Squarepusher's gone on about how he doesn't like to feel the crowd watching him, hence the increasingly odd masks.

But seeing his face gurn and emote lends a certain energy to his performance that I really love. He's far moire expressive than RDJ, say. RDJ uses his own face in the lightshow so tjhat seems to make up for his stil concentration. Its all good!

That's what's known as the "bass face", a sacred technique passed from generation to generation of electric bass players

• 1 year later...

commanded by aliens to back to earth (since d'demonstrator) to spread the Good Word of Squarepusher

something like that????

dumbest thing about the CD version is how it's spread out over 2 CD's, even if 1 would be enough

commanded by aliens to back to earth (since d'demonstrator) to spread the Good Word of Squarepusher

something like that????

dumbest thing about the CD version is how it's spread out over 2 CD's, even if 1 would be enough

I thought there was an extra meaning to that.

Yes, that's strange a little. But vinyl fetishists say always that it's a good feeling to flip tge sides an be aware what's playing - now we can have the same experience with CD.

:D

Archived