IGNORED

Shobaleader One - 'Elektrac' new album - Listen to 'Journey to Reedham'

amad

Funny how they just now put out a track when just yesterday I was looking to see if there was any new info... N̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶w̶o̶r̶k̶,̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶i̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶o̶r̶d̶!̶

way better!

Well, the new Shobaleader track is ruined now.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thoughts are WOOOOOOOOT

"YOU'RE THE FUCKIN DADDDDDYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!"

"YOU'RE MY BIOLOGICAL FATHER!"

Hopefully Tom doesn't Freudian slip on stage with lights all over his face and yell, "I'm a fucking reeeetard!"

Really looking forward to this release, even if it's just old tunes. Damogen was all new, all great and was released only 2 years ago, so this thing doesnt have that dry well stench to it either. Don't like the album artwork much though

way better!

Awesome cover yeah !

A bit disappointed with the Shobaleader take on Journey to Reedham, I don't know what but first time I listened to it something seemed just out of place.

Artwork looks like a fan made tumblr pic tho...

Journey to Reedham sounds pretty bad to my ears (compared to the original), looks like a mighty fun gig though. I see they're popping by my home town so I'm definitely going to go watch them jizz it up.

way better!

Awesome cover yeah !

A bit disappointed with the Shobaleader take on Journey to Reedham, I don't know what but first time I listened to it something seemed just out of place.

Artwork looks like a fan made tumblr pic tho...

Holy shit, this video is fuckin amazon. Amazing.

ugh... I was such a huge SP fan, but time goes on and by now the appeal curve is definitely strongly negative.

Same here...

Same here till D4N where he killed it and DF was more familiar to me and every ounce was banging as fuck live..... also if we ever see an archive dump minds will be blown but it doesn't seem in his personality to to that :(

Ps love that cover ^^

• 4 weeks later...

I hope this album will be good because I have the impression that he has no more inspiration and that he makes covers of his music like he takes a break...

Hope Squarepusher is not dead musically...

Oh shit... 2 CDs!!!

Well, we c...

Bye!

:spiteful: 

I don't give a shit, I'm looking forward to this.  I've enjoyed nearly everything he's done since HND, I've liked seeing his music morph over the last 20 years.

How the fuck is this spread over 2 CD's? Does it come with videos too or something? The tracks aren't even particularly long!

If there's something extra on the CD's you'd think they'd publicise it, but to spread that much material over 2 CD's otherwise it utterly bizarre.

Going to wait until I can listen to these new versions before I make any judgement on purchasing, I enjoyed hearing the versions live but it's not the same listening to a recording and I'm not particularly struck by the preview track.

How the fuck is this spread over 2 CD's? Does it come with videos too or something? The tracks aren't even particularly long!

If there's something extra on the CD's you'd think they'd publicise it, but to spread that much material over 2 CD's otherwise it utterly bizarre.

Going to wait until I can listen to these new versions before I make any judgement on purchasing, I enjoyed hearing the versions live but it's not the same listening to a recording and I'm not particularly struck by the preview track.

From the Bleep release page : "Please note that the 2 x CD format of this release features the same tracklist as the 2 LP vinyl format." So yeah that's intriguing.

I really like that "scream" thing btw, whatever it is. Could it be new material released right after the live album ?

Hot takes ahead but .... Based on the two tracks we've heard so far to me it seems like it'd be a bloody great thing to see/hear live (or if you have seen live previously as a momento) but personally on CD/Vinyl hearing it fresh it comes across more like 'Here's songs you have already but recorded in a way that don't sound as good as the originals'

Guest bitroast

surely makes more sense to release the live album than it does to not release the live album ? 

will probably just grab the mp3s for this one but !

Archived