Sign in to follow this  
amad

Shobaleader One - 'Elektrac' new album - Listen to 'Journey to Reedham'

This album is actually giving me real deep feelings, taking me back to when I first heard some of these tracks for the first time. Really bittersweet feeling. Old squarepusher was so good I want to cry. Wouldn't it be amazing to be able to listen to feed me weird things or big loada or hard normal daddy again for the first time? Fuuuuuck

That Megazine version sounds trash, this approach was so much better:

^ that's pretty amateurish tbh. And the sound quality is terrible, so it's hard to know exactly how bad it really is.

Megazine is probably the worst track on the album though, but the rest are great. Been listening to it loads now, getting better each time,

split across 2xBlu-ray discs for no reason.

:emotawesomepm9: :emotawesomepm9: :emotawesomepm9:

Also re : Megazine yeah, I was expecting so much more from that track...It's almost as cringy as the "false ending + reprise" on Delta-V :cisfor:

EDIT : I'm not hating on the album by the way, I even find it really great but those two things I just don't understand !

Edited by StocKo

Wish he'd stop by Canadia-Land.

I'd fly out to Montreal or Vancouver to see him.

Oh it's the band supporting the album, not just Tom.  Zelol.   :ok:

Edited by Philip Glass

<3 HELLO MEOW <3

Guest bitroast

so good ! the album's growing on me as well. still find deep fried pizza > megazine to be a bit of a low point (why megazine why not into the blue or plug me in or cryptic motion or one of the good tracks .. ahhh whatever) but still really digging the album. squarepusher theme for example is a track i've always loved but hearing the live version with the cranked up bass is making me appreciate the bass riffs on that track in a completely different way (i dare say, i almost never noticed the original track had bass in it??). 

Shobaleader were fucking incredible when I saw them at BF but I have no desire to buy the album at all. This music works perfectly in a live context, it's just so manic and energetic, I'll definitely see them live again at some point for sure and can happily recommend them.

It has that jazzy Dark Magus / Agharta / Pangaea live sound to it, it's good.  I wish it had more early tracks in his career... just imagine Port Rhombus or Conumber!

so good ! the album's growing on me as well. still find deep fried pizza > megazine to be a bit of a low point (why megazine why not into the blue or plug me in or cryptic motion or one of the good tracks .. ahhh whatever) but still really digging the album. squarepusher theme for example is a track i've always loved but hearing the live version with the cranked up bass is making me appreciate the bass riffs on that track in a completely different way (i dare say, i almost never noticed the original track had bass in it??). 

when seeing them in Berlin i had the feeling that Megazine was used so the drummer could take a little break...

also: In the beginning of Anstromm Feck, is the keyboard playing the reversed drum samples or am I missing some cool new effect for drummers?

The drummer has electronic pads yeah? I haven't watched the video but that's what I'd assume.

Agreed, this album surprised me. I love it and am listening to it almost every day.

Liking it more than i thought I would.

say whut

so he just showed up to randomly dj at this small place (looks small, how many people there you reckon?) unannounced?