IGNORED

He Will Not Divide Us

roasty

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

i think i've come round from hating this campaign stream thing. for everything that's been said about trump election being won by memes or meme winning the election or whatever .. it's been interesting seeing a side of that seeping into pretty shitty public dickhead behaviour .. having a livestream looking at that ??

.. for whatever that's worth !!

I can't make out which of the two is more cringeworthy.

i actually kinda appreciated shia shouting as loudly as possible in that guy's ear and constantly following him. 

https://i.imgur.com/K5VxM4I.gifv

but i doubt the other guy was being very reasonable or respectful towards others. 

He wasn't, he was there to instigate. The first thing he said into the camera was "1488" an encrypted slogan of neo-nazi's and white supremacists.

14 refers to the "14 words" of David Lane "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children." *8 refers to the 8th letter of the alphabet, H, so 88 is like HH or "Heil Hitler", it can also refer to the 88 precepts which is an essay about white supremacy written by Lane.

Shia was absolutely right for getting in his face, especially because he is Jewish.

Guest bitroast

yeah. the leap / distinction between people finding this stuff funny and saying it online versus seeing people do it IRL to instigate a reaction from people .. is there much of a distinction ? it's like, as mesh said. there's not as much harm done if you're saying it online or doing a 'troll post' on a youtube comment. but then you also gotta remember that when online you can curate the context in which you're sharing the content with or who you're making the joke with. so then you're getting into the 'echo chamber' territory of only making the inappropriate jokes with people who can tolerate the inappropriate jokes. which is sort of like living in a share house and having people sort of keep a check on you vs you living in an apartment by yourself and losing track of context and becoming a fat slob. dumb analogy but i'm trying to get at something here. 

i think i'm mostly just sharing my thoughts as i'm trying to wrap my head around my own position on this atm. especially seeing as i have my own sort of bullshit boundaries for edgy humour. i like A, which is edgy and inappropriate, but i have an issue with B, because it's edgy and inappropriate. 

Archived