IGNORED

The Big Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS ABOUND*

Joyrex

I will probably suffer through TROS out of a sense of duty. The new trilogy was a big tube of focus-tested slop, pretty and well produced but that's all. The Mandalorian is where Star Wars should be looking at. Small stories, fresh perspectives. But I guess everyone's so dulled to anything more subtle than a hammer.

yea unfortunately the first episode was so much better than all the others. having finished it I felt like they could have done a much better job given the budget. It was classic star wars tho - production design good, writing... terrible.

18 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Legit question: Why the fuck is it that random people with a decently beefy PC and some slick prog skills (eg Cntrl Shift Face) can seemingly throw together a deepfake that looks, like, 99% legit in a few weeks but somehow young Luke and Leia and resurrected Tarkin look like absolute ass in the official movies w/ a billion $ budget and the most advanced technological equipment that exists? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aural Unrest said:

I don't think young Luke looked too bad in TROS, but young Leia looked Rouge One bad. 

LOL at either CGI attempts "looking bad" - they were perfectly presentable (IMO). I love how people moan about how "bad" the CGI in movies these days are, as if they've seen better examples of "good CGI" in other media.

51 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

LOL at either CGI attempts "looking bad" - they were perfectly presentable (IMO). I love how people moan about how "bad" the CGI in movies these days are, as if they've seen better examples of "good CGI" in other media.

I meant compared to a real life person. 

Let’s all agree that Final Fantasy: The Rise of Skywalker is at least a step forward for the CGI technology and leave all narrative, visual, and creative criticisms behind us. The sooner we all come to appreciate the mark this movie will leave behind in spite of its quality will be the sooner we can all appreciate its contribution. #TeamKathleen

I wish Disney would run Star Wars so hard into the ground (on purpose that is) that the fanboys simply wouldn't know what to do with themselves. The next movie should simply be nothing but Mickey Mouse rubbing Boba Fett's helmet all over his tiny dick while going, "ha-ha!".

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Nebraska said:

It's not like we don't know how it works with those big studios, but it's bloody disgusting. I'm so happy not to have given my penny to them since Rogue One.

Chosen moment:

"JJ was devastated and blindsided by this. He’s been feeling down over the last 6 months because of some of the ridiculous demands Disney had that changed his movie’s story. While the scenes were shot, a lot of the changes were made in post-production and the audio was rerecorded and altered. My source said they’ve never seen anything like this happen before. He’s the director and he wasn’t in the know about what they were doing behind his back. "

-> OMG.

And when you think that all of the movies, canon or not, have suffered of production decision (directors fired, reshoots, ...), all this story with JJ is just clarifying some of the worst sides of the Mouse Spirit Incorporation.

Matt Smith's role was revealed to be a Dark Side Acolyte in the final battle of EP9, who took on our heroes before the lame ass showdown.  It must suck to be an actor that famous, in the final shebang for the biggest franchise in film history.  Then they cut your scene, ouch.

tumblr_mn0rqlJWSS1qcj6rgo4_250.gif

I was thinking... Disney didn’t ruin Star Wars. The fans did it by their relentless online presence.

Are Star Wars fans the worst fanboys? Apart from IDM fanboys of course. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The editing of EP9 sounds like the real clusterfuck on this movie, they shot so much and sounds like JJ just came up with the plot afterwards.  They had Hayden Christensen film a scene where older Anakin's Force ghost appeared to Rey in the final battle, but sounds like it was much better left on the cutting room floor.

16 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Matt Smith's role was revealed to be a Dark Side Acolyte in the final battle of EP9, who took on our heroes before the lame ass showdown.  It must suck to be an actor that famous, in the final shebang for the biggest franchise in film history.  Then they cut your scene, ouch.

tumblr_mn0rqlJWSS1qcj6rgo4_250.gif

He still got paid... at least it wasn't as bad as his Terminator role...

47 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

The editing of EP9 sounds like the real clusterfuck on this movie, they shot so much and sounds like JJ just came up with the plot afterwards.  They had Hayden Christensen film a scene where older Anakin's Force ghost appeared to Rey in the final battle, but sounds like it was much better left on the cutting room floor.

Disney fucked up from the start by not having an overall outline or story treatment for the entire saga to use as at least a guide for each of the movie's directors to adhere to. Now, thanks to RoS, TLJ is more of a standout film (in a bad way) that doesn't really fit in the overall storyline.

• Like 1

It was ok, the pacing was exhausting though. Felt like a fan-fiction cumshot compilation.

It was bollocks. TLJ was a clusterfuck but the high points were much higher and it was at least coherent, regardless what you think of the direction it took. It also at least attempted to go in an interesting direction even if they shat their pants and backed off in the end.

Revenge of the Skywalker was like watching a very generic videogame.

• Like 1

Man, I see new articles (or let's just be real and call them blog posts) every single day about new Star Wars discoveries or backstories and it makes the whole thing increasingly sad. And it was already pretty fucking sad.
"Revan from KOTOR is now canon!"
"When exactly did Palpatine have sex?"
"What do the Jedi actually stand for?"

None of this matters. It's not real, people. Star Wars isn't real. It never was. And I sure do hope a lot of people realise this before they finally figure it out when they're on their deathbed. This was perfectly exemplified in The Simpsons back in the mid 90s

Is this people's way of trying to breathe life into something that is already dead and should have been burried a LONG time ago?