IGNORED

The Big Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS ABOUND*

Joyrex

Anyone read anything at the blog Kitbashed? Really interesting, in-depth articles about all of the concept art and variety of comic, film, and aesthetic influences on the original trilogy. This one on the Millennium Falcon is a good intro. He also wrote some critical takes on TFA and TLJ that get at the meat of why they weren't bad but totally lacking and confused (TLJ anyway) without the usual neckbeard rants about crappy plot hopes and SJW conspiracy bullshit.

better have fucking ewoks.

Also, ghost of Palpatine lives in haunted house deathstar?

Edited by olo

Although I know everyone's like "stop trying to always call back to the original trilogy" I gotta say that Palpatine laugh at end gets my effin' rocks off. About a billion times more compelling of a "big bad" than Snoke. . . 

Although I know everyone's like "stop trying to always call back to the original trilogy" I gotta say that Palpatine laugh at end gets my effin' rocks off. About a billion times more compelling of a "big bad" than Snoke. . . 

Pet theory: Snoke never existed. Kylo imagined him in his search as a need for a master and then, ultimately, a foil to assert dominance, and he used the force to make his imagined master apparate to others. I did this because Snoke was fucking pointless. 

Also, ghost of Palpatine lives in haunted house deathstar?

some EU throwback shit...cant complain TBH

I don't know where the fuck the series is supposed to go at this point anyway, they really bungled the plot with this half-baked "Resistance versus New Order" rehash. It would of been a lot more interesting to have an embattled New Republic struggling to keep a fragile government together, combating misinformation and wild rumors about the New Order, trying to put off insurgencies and civil wars, etc. Also they could of just dramatically disabled the death planet and have it's threat looming throughout the whole trilogy. 

i waited til han solo was watchable at home and it was a billion times much better way to watch that crap.

trailer looks fine but i reckon you could cut any of the new disney films into the exact same trailer. right?

I like what they were going for in the trailer. Anyone notice that there's a new trend in trailers that show you bits of the movie but doesn't tell you anything about the plot?

I like what they were going for in the trailer. Anyone notice that there's a new trend in trailers that show you bits of the movie but doesn't tell you anything about the plot?

Yeah I'm with that too, the filmmakers/marketing team are being more aware of just how much they're showing I guess...and honestly, with something huge like Star Wars, do we need to have really any idea about the plot? I mean, it's Star Wars, you know what you're going to get basically, no need to get into the weeds of details...show some goodies and baddies with light sabers and robots speeding around, maybe a couple aliens, quick shots of side characters, done.

For those on the hype train only. This is what happened at the Star Wars Conference after the trailer was shown for the first time (skip to 2:30):

There are better quality videos of this, but something about seeing in the context of people going effin' bonkers apeshit at the Conference makes me enjoy it more.  

EDIT: Also, can someone explain to me why some youtube videos embed and others just show the link? 

EDIT EDIT: Thnx Squee! 

Edited by T3551ER