IGNORED

The Big Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS ABOUND*

Joyrex

what i dont understand is that star wars is like THE least risky property. you are guaranteed to make a shit zillion dollars no matter what so why not let a young director make the exact film they want with limited kennedy interference on the off chance that it might actually be ok? im not saying treverrow or w/e is good (he doesnt seem to be) 

Quite the contrary, actually - unless you capture what makes Star Wars well, Star Wars, you risk alienating fans, pissing off Disney for ruining their IP, and become known as "The Director Who Ruined Star Wars" and take the mantle away from Lucas :dadjoke:

That's not a joke image? That thing is in the film? Disney pls

Apparently inspired by the puffins on Skellig that Rian Johnson saw when scouting locations. I think they're making more of a big deal about them than what they actually will be, although there will be a "Chewbacca and the Porgs" children's book:

ChewiePorgs.jpg

dd97ec0e50f0be2d5cbd6c4016d70866--death-

I had that book when I was a kid - it was based off characters created for the Marvel comics that ran during the 80's.

In other news, they've already found a replacement for Colin Treverrow for Episode IX: JJ Abrams. Hopefully he doesn't do a pastiche on Return of the Jedi :dadjoke:

In other news, they've already found a replacement for Colin Treverrow for Episode IX: JJ Abrams. Hopefully he doesn't do a pastiche on Return of the Jedi :dadjoke:

ewoks imminent

what i dont understand is that star wars is like THE least risky property. you are guaranteed to make a shit zillion dollars no matter what so why not let a young director make the exact film they want with limited kennedy interference on the off chance that it might actually be ok? im not saying treverrow or w/e is good (he doesnt seem to be) 

The least they could do is have some young directors do these Star Wars Stories movies and allow them to experiment and explore different styles and tones with them. Have the by committee made Star Wars be the new trilogy. Also they could also have stories that have no connection to the previous movies, other than it happening in the SW universe. No more nods and winks and fan-servicy things with completely new characters and no story elements from the old movies. I want a SW movie like the TIE Fighter game, where it's seen from the Imperial angle and see the Rebels actually making things worse for the people. But might be too edgy for Gisnep and SW is all about black & white no place for grey anyways.

ewoks imminent

They'll be small, cat-like creatures called Wokies who claw and scratch their way to victory over the First Order while Rey redeems Rylo Ken who has become Darth Rylo by defeating the evil Snoke and putting an end to the First Order forever. Luke will die fighting Snoke in Episode VIII and become a force ghost advising Rey as she becomes the first Jedi Knight of a new order, realizing Luke's dream of restoring the Jedi to the galaxy.