IGNORED

The Big Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS ABOUND*

Joyrex

In other news, they've already found a replacement for Colin Treverrow for Episode IX: JJ Abrams. Hopefully he doesn't do a pastiche on Return of the Jedi :dadjoke:

ewoks imminent

They'll be small, cat-like creatures called Wokies who claw and scratch their way to victory over the First Order while Rey redeems Rylo Ken who has become Darth Rylo by defeating the evil Snoke and putting an end to the First Order forever. Luke will die fighting Snoke in Episode VIII and become a force ghost advising Rey as she becomes the first Jedi Knight of a new order, realizing Luke's dream of restoring the Jedi to the galaxy.

And Finn and Poe will make out after Finn gets jealous of Poe and Rey but Poe reveals they're siblings

wicket raped leia offscreen in jedi and the result was the human/ewok hybrid nicknamed snoke. the ewok genes caused him to age rapidly so he's basically a sith with progeria. everyone in the galaxy knows but it's not spoken about. luke was so disgusted he exiled himself. all will be revealed in the next chapter of the star wars, which will be two hours of rey vomiting while luke says "those goddamn ewoks" over and over under his breath.

wicket raped leia offscreen in jedi and the result was the human/ewok hybrid nicknamed snoke. the ewok genes caused him to age rapidly so he's basically a sith with progeria. everyone in the galaxy knows but it's not spoken about. luke was so disgusted he exiled himself. all will be revealed in the next chapter of the star wars, which will be two hours of rey vomiting while luke says "those goddamn ewoks" over and over under his breath.

LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New trailer went up, tickets on sale.

Trailer looks like a trailer. Sorta what I expected, I guess. Maybe that's good that they're just not showing too much of the film other than pew pew pew and woohoos and yelps and a few dark brooding one-liners. 

Oh right, kind of clever. Not a fan of the colour scheme. On to the trailer: I hate the fuzzy bunny, and the story seems spoilered now. Unfortunately I'm still a fanboy and any semblance of old school star wars gets me wet. Adequate trailer confirmed.

looks very bad

ahh i see it's a different trailer than the one I saw at blade runner here in finland. i've now watched this one and it looks even worse lol

however expectations are insanely low due to rogue one being garbage

Edited by dr lopez

I really, really liked it - the trailer is very misleading/trollish though on how the juxtapositioned the dialogue with the scenes (e.g., they don't relate to one another, and imply things that are probably not true).

The Last Jedi clocks in at 150 minutes, making it the longest Star Wars film ever.

But I need to take a piss :( Edited by Gocab

When I saw it at the IMAX a kid loudly asked his Dad if Han was dead after he got stabbed and fell into the void. I will be seeing this months after its release, hopefully in a near empty cinema. Why are they the worst place to see films in?

I didn’t see TFA in theaters, so idk what it was like right after it opened. I feel like opening weekend is the worst time to see an event movie, so I just wouldn’t go out of my way to cop tickets for it.

Edited by doublename