IGNORED

The Big Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS ABOUND*

Joyrex

Probably for the better.

I think it is kinda cool that Howard, who was basically Lucas' protege, gets to come back and make a movie in daddy's universe.  It will be strange we get 2 new Star Wars movies in a 5 month period, and amazed Howard didn't ask for a 7 month extension like Abrams keeps doing.

Also, lol

Han_Solo.jpg

Probably for the better.

I think it is kinda cool that Howard, who was basically Lucas' protege, gets to come back and make a movie in daddy's universe.  It will be strange we get 2 new Star Wars movies in a 5 month period, and amazed Howard didn't ask for a 7 month extension like Abrams keeps doing.

Also, lol

Han_Solo.jpg

Surely that's not real?

This poster suggests Luke does indeed get Anakin's lightsaber back, I'm wondering how he will react to learning Ren killed Han, or did he feel it when Leia did? I'm still chuffed we'll never see the original trio together again, that was half of my interest in these sequels.

IMG_9496.jpg

This poster suggests Luke does indeed get Anakin's lightsaber back, I'm wondering how he will react to learning Ren killed Han, or did he feel it when Leia did? I'm still chuffed we'll never see the original trio together again, that was half of my interest in these sequels.

IMG_9496.jpg

If Luke dies they could all be stood together as ghosts like at the end of ROTJ?

IMG_9496.jpg

I don’t think you’re using chuffed right

IMG_9496.jpg

I don’t think you’re using chuffed right

It's an antonym

even awesomer news

Phil Lord and Chris Miller reportedly concerned studio bosses with their 'screwball comedy angle'

The recently departed Star Wars Han Solo spin-off directors were reportedly sacked for turning the classic franchise character into one more akin to Jim Carrey’s Ace Ventura, according to new reports.

Last week, directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller left the prequel project after reportedly experiencing “deep fundamental differences” with Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy and scriptwriter Lawrence Kasdan.

However, a Star Wars fansite now claims that the directors’ “screwball comedy angle” was “starting to interfere with what the character of Han Solo is really about”.

Alden Ehrenreich’s portrayal of a young Han Solo is described in the report as being “oddly comparable to Jim Carrey’s performance in Ace Ventura at times”.

It is further claimed that lead star Ehrenreich “let his concerns be known to one of the producers, who then told Kennedy about it, which led to her decision to look over the existing footage.”

This led to Kennedy and Kasdan becoming “deeply concerned” with the direction of the film, according to an anonymous source.

It follows another recent report that acting coaches were hired to mentor Ehrenreich after studio bosses became unsatisfied with the performance that they had received.

lol i had a vision when reading this of the ace ventura impersonator from that nathan for you episode flailing around on a gigantic set.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/9/16630902/star-wars-new-trilogy-rian-johnson-disney-lucasfilm

Non-Skywalker-centric SW trilogy happening at some point soon-ish.

ALL STAR WARTS ALL THE TIME 4EVERS

I'm guessing this is a bet-hedging tactic by Kennedy/Disney for where things will go after EP IX happens...if the new Rian Johnson vision works well, they can spend some time there with the films and give everyone a break from Skywalker shit, while still raking in cash. If it doesn't take off, they'll still have EP X they can make happen at any point, as well as however many of the "A Star Wars Story" tales like Rogue One and Solo they want.

$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 

$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 

$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 

$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

I'm actually relieved Rian will get to direct a major portion of SW future, can you guys think of other auteur directors you'd like to direct another mainline SW story, or spin-off?

Aranofsky would be interesting with a $100 million+ budget, but I don't think he's wired to do a major Disney franchise

Spielberg I think could do an amazing spin-off, if they could agree to a directorial fee

Danny Boyle, I believe could do a gritty dark take on some corner of Star Wars