IGNORED

The Big Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS ABOUND*

Joyrex

It was, I dunno, fine. The first half drags which makes the second half a little exhausting to get through. I really just wanted that final drill gun assault to be over ASAP. As others have said, loads of weird and jarring lines and events. I was so hoping for something interesting to happen with Rey and Kylo, even flipping sides would have been fun. But yeah we're back to big ol evil empire and underdog rebels, I dunno why I expected anything else, not sure I care about this ends.

Except as a couple of other people have mentioned, you kinda feel like you have to to keep up with other entertainment or content creators you like. Even if I didn't we're gonna be seeing endless Star Wars movies for years and years to come. Disney is going to milk this bloated cow for every last drop and pay for every trailer and tacky sponsorship they can. I never really cared for Star Wars that much in the first place I just thought TFA was alright. Baby boomers have hijacked pop culture and it's not going away until their big pensions run out. Aaaaaaaaaa.

The Solo version of the Faclon will be an earlier paint job, similar to Slave I, and deployed forward mandibles for the first time

IMG_0549.jpg

See, I'm worried they are going back and retconning stuff for the sake of it - the Falcon has never had moving "mandibles" in any of the movies (so far) so if they do introduce this, they are going to also explain how they get stuck in an open position. Almost as bad as Jango Fett hitting his head on the access hatch of Slave I to explain where the dent in Boba Fett's helmet came from in Attack of the Clones (Episode II).

FFS, it even says "Kessel Run Millenium Falcon" on the box! So they're going to do/show that as well. This movie may be just a bunch of fanwank at this rate.

how is any Star Wars movie not fan wank at this point

Granted, there are some serviceable moments, but Lucas was really bad about it during the prequels. TFA didn't  have any moments that I can recall that stood out, but The Last Jedi has a really egregious one:

Yoda - no fucking point to him showing up other than fanwank. Where the fuck was Yoda when Luke was (mis)training Ben Solo and being influenced by Snoke?

how is any Star Wars movie not fan wank at this point

Granted, there are some serviceable moments, but Lucas was really bad about it during the prequels. TFA didn't have any moments that I can recall that stood out, but The Last Jedi has a really egregious one:

Yoda - no fucking point to him showing up other than fanwank. Where the fuck was Yoda when Luke was (mis)training Ben Solo and being influenced by Snoke?

i hated that scene my first viewing but the 2nd time i actually grew rather fond of it

bc he’s still a cheeky bitch “there’s nothing in there she does not already possess” CUT TO END OF MOVIE the books are literally on the millennium falcon. yoda, ultimate troll

watched it again but this time not browning in and out after drinking too much shitty wine. i didn't hate it but i have the flu right now.

the bb-8 shit is a lot like the r2 garbage from ep2 and 3. really really poor. 

Edited by dr lopez

TFA has crossed the 1 billion dollar mark domestically. Opens in China 5 January. I bet this becomes the highest-grossing movie of all time just based on the reaction and press it has gotten up to and since release.

wut? the last jedi or the force awakens? last jedi made half that domestically. they'll be lucky if it makes 100 million in china, and will probably end the run with 1.5-1.6 billion. that is not the highest grossing movie ever.

Sorry, meant TLJ - and it has crossed 1 billion worldwide, but has yet to open in China - got my facts scrambled.

I've read TLJ is not doing the bang up box office they expected in China.

The Solo version of the Faclon will be an earlier paint job, similar to Slave I, and deployed forward mandibles for the first time

IMG_0549.jpg

See, I'm worried they are going back and retconning stuff for the sake of it - the Falcon has never had moving "mandibles" in any of the movies (so far) so if they do introduce this, they are going to also explain how they get stuck in an open position. Almost as bad as Jango Fett hitting his head on the access hatch of Slave I to explain where the dent in Boba Fett's helmet came from in Attack of the Clones (Episode II).

FFS, it even says "Kessel Run Millenium Falcon" on the box! So they're going to do/show that as well. This movie may be just a bunch of fanwank at this rate.

The cargo mandibles have been in the original Falcon designs since McQuarrie and Lucas settled on the final design of the ship. Look at the plethora of cross section books released over the decades. It's just a background detail that was never mentioned in the films, for nerds. I believe it was originally intended to connect to another toy ship that they never produced, so $$$