IGNORED

The Big Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS ABOUND*

Joyrex

I am ambivalent about this movie. Does it really need to be made?

How about a Star Wars movie that does not include or reference any of characters in the previous movies. Or even events. Or the movie starts with just "In a galaxy far, far away..."

Edited by azatoth

I am ambivalent about this movie. Does it really need to be made?

How about a Star Wars movie that does not include or reference any of characters in the previous movies. Or even events. Or the movie starts with just "In a galaxy far, far away..."

You'll be happy to know that Rian Johnson's next trilogy of Star Wars movies does just that, as will the other series of movies to be developed by the guys who did the Game of Thrones TV series. Disney is also working on multiple Star Wars TV series for its streaming service.

I just hope they don't drive Star Wars into the ground to the point people are so sick of it they have to come to a full stop and there's no Star Wars...

Oh, they are going to churn out these movies along with the Marvel stuff as long as they make money and so far they keep raking it in.

Hopefully Johnson can do something different with it and keep it fresh. I am already meh about all these Marvel movies coming out. Star Wars isn't quite there yet. But then again, I feel like Disney is playing a lot of the times really safely when producing these movies and it tends to be milquetoast stuff. 

Edited by azatoth

I just hope they don't drive Star Wars into the ground to the point people are so sick of it they have to come to a full stop and there's no Star Wars...

Bahaha. I've been in this camp for a good while. Was a big fan as a kid & into young adulthood. Then I got wise & realised it's utter shit. Haven't seen TFA or TLJ. Saw R1 and was like "Fuck this, I'm out".

Bahaha. I've been in this camp for a good while.

I think everyone who is over 14 and doesn't have terminal autism is in this camp

Designed by committee, is how I would describe these Disney movies. And it frankly sucks. A few nice ones here and there, but overall forgettable. I don't like how Disney has bought all the IP's now...

Bahaha. I've been in this camp for a good while.

I think everyone who is over 14 and doesn't have terminal autism is in this camp

Took me longer, but I worked the 12 step program to success.