IGNORED

The Big Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS ABOUND*

Joyrex

ok i'm getting soft in my advancing years but the trailer for black panther actually made it look decent

“I have seen gods fly. I have seen men build weapons that I couldn’t even imagine. I have seen aliens drop from the sky. But I have never seen anything like this.” So mutters astonished C.I.A. agent Everett K. Ross (Martin Freeman) as he first sets eyes on the shrouded African country of Wakanda, a veritable El Dorado that mined a meteorite’s worth of vibranium to become the most technologically advanced nation on Earth, and the host country for the best Marvel movie so far, by far. He speaks for us all.

Nobody has ever seen anything like “Black Panther” — not just an entire civilization built from the metal stuff inside Captain America’s shield, and not even just a massive superhero movie populated almost entirely by black people, but also a Marvel film that actually feels like it takes place in the real world.

feels like it takes place in the real world.

giphy.gif

the real world.

vclgyzhc5q8tqsa3gbnb.gif

the real world.

egteqmlr3wun1cgt4zcs.gif

Apparently George Lucas visited the set of Solo which turned into a 5 hour (!) visit, and made a suggestion that Ron Howard liked that was included in the movie. "It will probably get a chuckle out of the audience" says studio head Kathleen Kennedy.

Apparently George Lucas visited the set of Solo which turned into a 5 hour (!) visit, and made a suggestion that Ron Howard liked that was included in the movie. "It will probably get a chuckle out of the audience" says studio head Kathleen Kennedy.

image_55b503c3.jpeg

• 1 month later...

“Trying to mimic Harrison Ford is really tough,” the actor said. “Lucasfilm wanted something very specific: copying someone else. Alden’s not a bad actor — just not good enough.”

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/03/solo-actor-phil-lord-chris-miller-werent-prepared-star-wars-alden-ehrenreich-not-good-1201943599/

Maybe this movie won't be trash? Maybe?

• 2 weeks later...