IGNORED

The Big Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS ABOUND*

Joyrex

yeah. This stuff makes 0 sense. People caring about this is identical to Rubin Farr caring about extended universe garbage. Except it’s somehow worse because giving Disney a bunch of money is woke now.

Lando “identifies” as pansexual according to that article. no he doesn’t. He’s a fictional character from a movie. Movie characters exist inside of the movie: what they do and say in the film. They don’t have outside character sheets that lists their charisma points and who they want to fuck.

If, in a Star Wars movie, there were two male characters who were suckin and fuckin then we can talk. But given than any sort of display of sex in Star Wars is extremely limited and Puritan i sincerely doubt we see anything other than vague homosocial suggestions. The extent of sex in Star Wars is “I love you” “I know” and “I hate sand” and then kissing, so all this forced posturing on twitter for likes is extremely stupid to me. It means nothing.

The idea that people like Star Wars more because some guy on twitter says that there is one twilek (again, fictional) out there in a fictional world who likes shoving his tails into a guys asshole instead of a pussy is baffling to me.

tenor.gif

yeah. This stuff makes 0 sense. People caring about this is identical to Rubin Farr caring about extended universe garbage. Except it’s somehow worse because giving Disney a bunch of money is woke now.

Lando “identifies” as pansexual according to that article. no he doesn’t. He’s a fictional character from a movie. Movie characters exist inside of the movie: what they do and say in the film. They don’t have outside character sheets that lists their charisma points and who they want to fuck.

If, in a Star Wars movie, there were two male characters who were suckin and fuckin then we can talk. But given than any sort of display of sex in Star Wars is extremely limited and Puritan i sincerely doubt we see anything other than vague homosocial suggestions. The extent of sex in Star Wars is “I love you” “I know” and “I hate sand” and then kissing, so all this forced posturing on twitter for likes is extremely stupid to me. It means nothing.

The idea that people like Star Wars more because some guy on twitter says that there is one twilek (again, fictional) out there in a fictional world who likes shoving his tails into a guys asshole instead of a pussy is baffling to me.

all of this is true but then what makes it worse to me is that disney is using identity politics to make money. if they didn't think this would sell they wouldn't be doing it. actually it's not even really disney's fault because a company has to generate profit and they've found a way to do that in the short term. it's the morons on twitter and the media writing thinkpieces about how brave these garbage movies are who are making a mockery of whatever real concerns idpol stuff has in this country right now. i guess something like black panther was a risk, although slight, but most of this is kathleen kennedy blindly reaching for a platform to sell these movies on because i think they're realizing that star wars, as a brand, cannot really sell when you eliminate the canon characters from it. i'm not saying it's impossible, but the reason the force awakens made the money it made is because you had han solo and leia in it, not because it had a "strong female" or a black dude. in fact i think that movie made money in spite of those things, which were very much issues with most of the fanbase. i really think the last jedi has redefined star wars to a lot of older fans, who simply don't care about watching a movie that "subverts" the star wars mythos. i mean let's face it, there should only have been one star wars movie and that's the first one. everything after that, including empire, is a cash grab. even the first movie was not this "out of nowhere" hit that it's mythologized as. it was heavily marketed and basically guaranteed a return for the studio. star wars has always been a vehicle for merchandising but the mistake disney has made is thinking that somehow this dorky science fantasy universe is going to beat or match its own mcu films, which are doing the exact same thing in a more modern and superior way. they're making a lot of money now, but as they monopolize the industry and continue to buy these huge properties i think fatigue will set in and you'll see a company doing the thing no company should do, which is compete with itself.

Edited by zaphod

So this movie is out and nobody has seen it yet? Star Wars is finally dying.

hehe, well look if you like star wars you are going to enjoy it , its a fun action movie with an actual story and amazing visuals.

i dont want to spoiler anything but i loved how Solo got more and more intro trouble during the movie

Edited by Kavinsky

Had no expectations for it and it was a quite decent SW movie. Glover was good as Lando and the dude playing Han was alright too. Emilia Clark not so much. The rest did a professional job, got a paycheck and got to be in a Star Wars movie. Chewie being more animated than usual, probably helps not having a 70-year old playing him. The budget for this was apparently $250 million but somehow didn't show, the only set piece that looked like it could have cost a lot was the train heist, the mining colonyon the other hand looked very small. Also the colors in the movie looked rather dull (watched it in 2D). The movie was nothing special but watchable, like so much of what Disney is doing.

Edited by azatoth

i saw it yesterday, was much better then expected, the 3d was very tiring do

People still see things in 3D?

sometimes i forget the movie might be in 3d and i just buy a ticket and get angry afterwards,

and sometimes you cant even choose between 2 and 3 d .

i saw it yesterday, was much better then expected, the 3d was very tiring do

People still see things in 3D?

sometimes i forget the movie might be in 3d and i just buy a ticket and get angry afterwards,

and sometimes you cant even choose between 2 and 3 d .

Really? Here in the States, we typically have the choice between:

2D IMAX

3D IMAX

Dolby Cinema (nice reclinable seats and a premium sound system)

Regular Showing (standard digital projection)

Of course, the prices vary between 10.00USD per ticket up to 15.00+ for IMAX/Dolby Cinema...

I'm going to go watch it when the weather turns shitty again, if it's still showing.

People, let's just face it. Star Wars is completely retarded. Star Trek is a brilliant series overall that has brought hundreds of thought-provoking stories to a mass audience. ENd oF STorey

People, let's just face it. Star Wars is completely retarded. Star Trek is a brilliant series overall that has brought hundreds of thought-provoking stories to a mass audience. ENd oF STorey

What is this, a post from 1982?