IGNORED

The Big Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS ABOUND*

Joyrex

People, let's just face it. Star Wars is completely retarded. Star Trek is a brilliant series overall that has brought hundreds of thought-provoking stories to a mass audience. ENd oF STorey

What is this, a post from 1982?

i think it's a Haiku.

People, let's just face it. Star Wars is completely retarded. Star Trek is a brilliant series overall that has brought hundreds of thought-provoking stories to a mass audience. ENd oF STorey

but what about us who like production design and art direction... Star Trek is terrible and always has been

but what about us who like production design and art direction... Star Trek is terrible and always has been

neelix_white_pb.jpg

What is this, a post from 1982?

i think it's a Haiku.

haha but srsly i would say that star trek is more intellectual & philosophical while star wars is more fun

The new star trek movies are sort of like that anyway.

yeah i know what you mean , i would say the last real star trek was Nemesis from 2002

Which was doo-doo (IMO).

I actually liked the first Trek reboot movie (although I felt the villain looked like Corey Feldman), and then 2 and 3 were letdowns and fell into the old Trek movie tropes.

yeah i know what you mean , i would say the last real star trek was Nemesis from 2002

Which was doo-doo (IMO).

I actually liked the first Trek reboot movie (although I felt the villain looked like Corey Feldman), and then 2 and 3 were letdowns and fell into the old Trek movie tropes.

I generally agree but I thought Into Darkness was much worse than Beyond, the latter just felt like a crappier 2-part episode which gave me Insurrection vibes vs the comically terrible former

The first one is definitely the best, beyond was borderline unwatchable.

Wasn't the climax of that one captain Kirk riding a motorcycle around in a circle while getting shot at for 20 minutes?

Edited by Gocab

Wasn't the climax of that one captain Kirk riding a motorcycle around in a circle while getting shot at for 20 minutes?

I think I need to watch that.

The first one is definitely the best, beyond was borderline unwatchable.

Over Benedict CumberKhan having a fistfight with Spock as the Enterprise plows through downtown San Francisco a scene after Sulu says “if we enter the atmosphere we’ll explode!” even though earlier in the movie they literally dropped the ship into an ocean?

Yes

Went and saw this finally and it was better than I expected. Probably way better than the original plan with the fired directors...though that would've likely been much more interesting or unique ...or terrible. As it is it was good, a nice movie that ticked the boxes and hit the right notes, though honestly a little less silly than I expected (was thinking they might play up the youth of it all to appeal more to the 'kids' these days and draw in that market more for toys and so on). It ended up just being a movie. It was a touch bland, should've been more...if they're going to do SW constantly for the rest of forever, they've really gotta do some more engaging things with the films/shows/blahblahblah. I think they're already aware of that given how badly it's supposedly doing in regards to ticket sales... I imagine that they were just happy to get a movie out that wasn't a train wreck (ZING! how many other times have people already made that joke? get it? 'cause there's a train that they wreck in the movie...)

• 2 weeks later...

^yeah that was pretty good, Scientisting the SW, honestly surprised RLM haven't done more fun stuff with Solo.

But also saw this story today and just...Jesus. It's just a rumor but even all the confirmed shit (TV shows upcoming on the Disney streaming network coming next year or two) and it's just so much. Just so fucking much.

‘Star Wars’ Actor Claims 9 Movies in Development, Including More ‘Story’ Stand-Alones

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/06/17/star-wars-nine-movies-in-development-more-stand-alones/

Solo's reported to have lost 50-80 million at the box office (although I am sure they'll make up for it on digital/Blu-Ray/DVD sales). I still like the movie; thought it was great.