IGNORED

The Big Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS ABOUND*

Joyrex

24 minutes ago, marf said:

Big question. Why do I hate everything about Star Wars now even though I loved the first 3 and still do? Nostalgia? Or are they really better?

How old were you when you first saw the OT, and how old are you now/how much time has passed.

Bonus: Did someone urinate in your breakfast cereal this morning

On 6/10/2019 at 4:10 PM, Joyrex said:

How old were you when you first saw the OT, and how old are you now/how much time has passed.

Bonus: Did someone urinate in your breakfast cereal this morning

I saw empire strikes back in the theater. Waited for return of the Jedi

I really hate CG. I understand stuff like background landscape. Thats fine. Unnoticeable. Hate creatures and robots done in CG. Hate it, 

On 6/11/2019 at 5:45 AM, marf said:

Big question. Why do I hate everything about Star Wars now even though I loved the first 3 and still do? Nostalgia? Or are they really better?

is this a serious question? 

the new movies aren't even movies but merely products created to generate revenue. there was zero original ideas or inspiration put into the new movies, beyond the scope of "does it fit within what star wars fans expect a star wars movie to be". the original movies were made to be original and excite movie goers. the new movies is to give people what they expect. 

of course the originals are better. anyone who says otherwise has lost perspective on reality. 

it is serious. I feel like Im alone in the world when people like these shitty movies and music. People loves these awful films.

Edited by marf

15 hours ago, bitchroast said:

is this a serious question? 

the new movies aren't even movies but merely products created to generate revenue. there was zero original ideas or inspiration put into the new movies, beyond the scope of "does it fit within what star wars fans expect a star wars movie to be". the original movies were made to be original and excite movie goers. the new movies is to give people what they expect. 

of course the originals are better. anyone who says otherwise has lost perspective on reality. 

To be fair, with the exception of A New Hope (maybe), all the movies were "products created to generate revenue" - George Lucas had the foresight to demand a hefty percentage of the toy sales.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

IMG_6639.JPG

I hate myself for posting this because I don't give two shits, but this is hilarious... it's even more hilarious that people are upset by it.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Squee said:

I hate myself for posting this because I don't give two shits, but this is hilarious... it's even more hilarious that people are upset by it.

lol nice if true, bit meta as Star Wars exists to sell toys, as we all (should) know.

but then of course there's hilariously sad folks like that 'busted my ass being a star wars fan' guy from before... 

Edited by auxien

On 8/23/2019 at 7:42 PM, Rubin Farr said:

I'm actually interested in this - if they can control the urge to not bring in Jedi and focus on everyday people in the galaxy, this may end up being good. Also, if they can keep the effects quality up for the series (so far what they've shown looks really good).

1 hour ago, T3551ER said:

Not really sure WTF is going on here, but not sure that's a bad thing. Time will tell. . . 

I'm cautiously optimistic, but the evil Rey with the switchblade lightsaber (just LOL, even though it was previously seen in the Clone Wars cartoon) is a total Force vision/nightmare scene. I'm wondering how big of a role Palpatine/The Empire plays in this movie (those Star Destroyers in the one scene look like Empire ones, not First Order) - it almost seems like since Rian Johnson prematurely killed Snoke, Abrams has to bring back the Empire/Emperor to have a really evil force to go against instead of just emo boy Ren.

20 hours ago, azatoth said:

I'd watch a star wars movie with corrupted ewoks in a palpatine led death cult.

That would be too good. The RLM theory that it will be a dumb time-travelling 'bring everybody back' episode makes a worrying amount of sense.

Rei is a Palpatine. Only thing I can say is that they better not go the "Rei is mind controlled" route.  Lol, maybe it's an evil twin.

From the trailers you get the impression that they are stuffing a LOT of stuff into its runtime.

Edited by Brisbot

3 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

Rei is a Palpatine. Only thing I can say is that they better not go the "Rei is mind controlled" route.  Lol, maybe it's an evil twin.

Like Luuke? lol

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Luuke_Skywalker

By the way, why hasn't anyone inserted Hohass into the background in any of the new movies?
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Hohass_Ekwesh
latest?cb=20110127013813

• Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1