Joyrex

The Big Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS ABOUND*

^a good exec would’ve said no way, too much money to be made. Star Wars is designed to sell toys. they’re not selling toys. that’s failure.

Ep9 had the thinnest of loosely connected plot threads, some just dropped midway.  But yeah it made little sense.

ouch

if you haven't seen it already, be sure to check the red letter media review as well. it's a bit long. but the first half hour is enjoyable enough 😉

• Like 1

Happy Holiday Special

• Like 2

A few postmortem details from The Rise of Skywalker Visual Dictionary:

Spoiler

Jannah was Lando's daughter

Lando's full name is Landonis Balthazar Calrissian

Finn was going to tell Poe that he is Force sensitive

Baby Yoda's Force healing power was the same as Rey & Kylo's

Ahsoka Tano was one of the voices Rey heard from beyond the grave, implying she had died

Darth Revan, from the KOTOR video game is now canon

Luke & Leia are 53 years old in TROS, Rey is 20, Kylo is 30

Kylo retrieved his wayfinder from Vader's abandoned castle on Mustafar

Rey rebuilt Luke's lightsaber using the Jedi texts she stole from Luke's temple

Leia's Force training was 30 years before TROS

The Knights of Ren are named: Vicrul, Cardo, Ushar, Trudgen, Kuruk, and Ap'lek

Dominic Monaghan played Beaumont Kin, a Resistance historian

Kef Bir is the ocean moon of Endor where the Death Star II crashed

Starkiller Base was carved out of Ilum, a kyber crystal rich snow planet first seen all the way back in Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars animated series from 2003

The medal given to Rey was Han's gold medal from the end of A New Hope

I will probably suffer through TROS out of a sense of duty. The new trilogy was a big tube of focus-tested slop, pretty and well produced but that's all. The Mandalorian is where Star Wars should be looking at. Small stories, fresh perspectives. But I guess everyone's so dulled to anything more subtle than a hammer.

mandolorian ended kinda retarded too tho

I really digged The Mandalorian.

Best Star Wars out there these days. Nobody f's with Baby Yoda!

So much fun to watch. Looking forward to Season 2!

Edited by Captain James Mission

yea unfortunately the first episode was so much better than all the others. having finished it I felt like they could have done a much better job given the budget. It was classic star wars tho - production design good, writing... terrible.

Vat of Snokes

18 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Legit question: Why the fuck is it that random people with a decently beefy PC and some slick prog skills (eg Cntrl Shift Face) can seemingly throw together a deepfake that looks, like, 99% legit in a few weeks but somehow young Luke and Leia and resurrected Tarkin look like absolute ass in the official movies w/ a billion $ budget and the most advanced technological equipment that exists? 

• Haha 1

I don't think young Luke looked too bad in TROS, but young Leia looked Rouge One bad. 

what a fucking gay idea, them training together

1 hour ago, Aural Unrest said:

I don't think young Luke looked too bad in TROS, but young Leia looked Rouge One bad. 

LOL at either CGI attempts "looking bad" - they were perfectly presentable (IMO). I love how people moan about how "bad" the CGI in movies these days are, as if they've seen better examples of "good CGI" in other media.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

LOL at either CGI attempts "looking bad" - they were perfectly presentable (IMO). I love how people moan about how "bad" the CGI in movies these days are, as if they've seen better examples of "good CGI" in other media.

I meant compared to a real life person. 

Let’s all agree that Final Fantasy: The Rise of Skywalker is at least a step forward for the CGI technology and leave all narrative, visual, and creative criticisms behind us. The sooner we all come to appreciate the mark this movie will leave behind in spite of its quality will be the sooner we can all appreciate its contribution. #TeamKathleen

I wish Disney would run Star Wars so hard into the ground (on purpose that is) that the fanboys simply wouldn't know what to do with themselves. The next movie should simply be nothing but Mickey Mouse rubbing Boba Fett's helmet all over his tiny dick while going, "ha-ha!".

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Nebraska said:

It's not like we don't know how it works with those big studios, but it's bloody disgusting. I'm so happy not to have given my penny to them since Rogue One.

Chosen moment:

"JJ was devastated and blindsided by this. He’s been feeling down over the last 6 months because of some of the ridiculous demands Disney had that changed his movie’s story. While the scenes were shot, a lot of the changes were made in post-production and the audio was rerecorded and altered. My source said they’ve never seen anything like this happen before. He’s the director and he wasn’t in the know about what they were doing behind his back. "

-> OMG.

And when you think that all of the movies, canon or not, have suffered of production decision (directors fired, reshoots, ...), all this story with JJ is just clarifying some of the worst sides of the Mouse Spirit Incorporation.

I stopped reading after the ‘they fly now’ bit, I do find it hard to believe that JJ would have been disgusted by that scene. 

• Like 1

Matt Smith's role was revealed to be a Dark Side Acolyte in the final battle of EP9, who took on our heroes before the lame ass showdown.  It must suck to be an actor that famous, in the final shebang for the biggest franchise in film history.  Then they cut your scene, ouch.

tumblr_mn0rqlJWSS1qcj6rgo4_250.gif