IGNORED

The Big Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS ABOUND*

Joyrex

• 4 weeks later...

Prediction: 10 years from now you'll just be able to tune into whatever procedurally generated mix of franchises you want. Machine learning and AI tech will produce an ooze of content for every microniche for $19.95/mo subscription fee. And you'll like it.

On 11/13/2020 at 11:04 PM, Rubin Farr said:

New book interview w/ Lucas where he revealed Darth Maul & Darth Talon were the original villains of his sequel trilogy.

Then why he kill Darth Maul in the first prequel movie? George is such doofus, I think he got very lucky when he made A New Hope and the rest of the OT. The stars aligned.

naw george is actually pretty great. a rich dweeb from cali who tripped over his dick into 4 billion dollars sure, but he also had some cool ideas and ambition, which lead to some amazing things like ILM, Photoshop, Pixar (at least at first) etc.

At times his ambition was greater than his talent or work ethic, ie- the prequels. they suck and are stupid but you do get a sense he had a vision, just not the follow-through. the sequels have made that abundantly clear. Even if you do let a weird nerdy director have full control (rian johnson) it will suck. plus he called disney "white slavers" which rules when he's crammed probably the most racist stereotypes into modern films and basically gotten away with it. based.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, iococoi said:

let's saturate ..

Disney announce 10 Star Wars and 10 Marvel series – and new films

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/dec/11/disney-announce-10-star-wars-and-10-marvel-series-and-new-films

Just watch the c-suites will fuck up any semblance of originality on these movies again, like they did with the previous ones. It will be focus group tested into cookie cutter pablum.

1 hour ago, iococoi said:

let's saturate ..

Disney announce 10 Star Wars and 10 Marvel series – and new films

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/dec/11/disney-announce-10-star-wars-and-10-marvel-series-and-new-films

just throwing everything at the wall. that’s the new norm, i guess.

did see a few minutes of behind the scenes with just dozens and dozens of creature effects being crafted for one/some of the Star Wars shows and the guy talking was basically like ‘yeah, there’s no difference between this and the movies now, it’s all just as high quality, just as involved’ and that was interesting compared with Denis Villeneuve’s comments about WBs/HBO Max that popped the same day. 

market is undergoing heavy huge shifts. will be interesting.

2 hours ago, dr lopez said:

naw george is actually pretty great. a rich dweeb from cali who tripped over his dick into 4 billion dollars sure, but he also had some cool ideas and ambition, which lead to some amazing things like ILM, Photoshop, Pixar (at least at first) etc.

At times his ambition was greater than his talent or work ethic, ie- the prequels. they suck and are stupid but you do get a sense he had a vision, just not the follow-through. the sequels have made that abundantly clear. Even if you do let a weird nerdy director have full control (rian johnson) it will suck. plus he called disney "white slavers" which rules when he's crammed probably the most racist stereotypes into modern films and basically gotten away with it. based.

I still respect him for THX-1138. That's still a damn good movie.

Bill Burr wasn't as jarring as I expected him to be, and I'd have to agree with you @realthanks he was great in that scene.

I've disliked Star Wars for a long time, but have been pleasantly surprised by the Mandalorian. Only started watching it 3 weeks ago, so late to the party, but it's been great fun so far.

I like Burr, but halfway through the ep was getting annoyed by the overload of burr attitude.  But it made that scene in the cafeteria when Burr's character had that moment of clarity that much more enjoyable, and I hope to see him again.  His "serious" acting surprised me, and now I want to see that movie he was in recently.  Love the show.