The Big Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS ABOUND*

Joyrex

I finally watched Rogue One. I think it was the best disney Star Wars but I haven't watched Mandelorian yet. I liked the story and visually it was really good.

• Like 4

Rogue one could have been amazing if they cut out the China pandering and recast everyone except Ben mendelson. Mads was also totally underutilized. Huge disappointment he now can’t play a better character in SW, stuck as the oh so memorable Galen erso forever. Lame

Agreed. If Rogue One had a good plot, interesting characters (or any character with any personality) and good pacing it could be a good film.

• Farnsworth 1

A new change to the Greedo scene has surfaced on Disney+. Now for some reason Greedo says "Maclunkey" before shooting, further ruining the scene.

Edited by Blir

8 minutes ago, Blir said:

A new change to the Greedo scene has surfaced on Disney+. Now for some reason Greedo says "Maclunkey" before shooting, further ruining the scene.

NINTCHDBPICT000517803260.jpg?strip=all&w

Spoiler

I actually love it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 11:27 PM, dr lopez said:

Rogue one could have been amazing if they cut out the China pandering and recast everyone except Ben mendelson. Mads was also totally underutilized. Huge disappointment he now can’t play a better character in SW, stuck as the oh so memorable Galen erso forever. Lame

"China pandering"? Please do tell...

Casting famous HK actor Donnie Yen and famous Chinese actor Jiang Wen in attempts to boost ticket sales in those markets. Do you really think those roles were crucial to the plot or anything in the film for that matter? Or that those particular actors were "perfect" for those roles? They were shoehorned in because of economic factors beyond the scope of the film.

On 1/25/2021 at 10:09 AM, dr lopez said:

Casting famous HK actor Donnie Yen and famous Chinese actor Jiang Wen in attempts to boost ticket sales in those markets. Do you really think those roles were crucial to the plot or anything in the film for that matter? Or that those particular actors were "perfect" for those roles? They were shoehorned in because of economic factors beyond the scope of the film.

That's interesting - But could the blind character (Chirruit) been played by anyone else but a martial artist (and yes, I know there are non-asian martial artists, but I guess my point is perhaps they chose Donnie because he fit the type of character they were creating and wanted to portray and not because they were boosting ticket sales in China.

Also, Beskar is the heaviest metal:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...