IGNORED

The Big Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS ABOUND*

Joyrex

Guest bitroast

i like the directors involved. lego movie and meatballs were both rad and enjoyable. i found rogue one and force awakens in some levels.. enjoyable ??? i imagine this will be fine ... but the whole idea does seem very naff.

yoda receiving fellatio from the snake and cumming in that cummy stew. lots of lore and EU holes filled in regarding circumcision and pubic hair length in star wars.

Then he takes that little laser sword of his and goes to town

If it's just Yoda making disgusting food, farting, belching and getting high while misquoting fortune cookies in a drunken blaze I'm all for it.

If it's just Yoda making disgusting food, farting, belching and getting high while misquoting fortune cookies in a drunken blaze I'm all for it.

I went ahead and found the worst Yoda video I could...

• 2 weeks later...

Mark Hamill has come out and said some pretty serious things about how he was asked to portray Luke in The Last Jedi:

Mark Hamill revealed to Vanity Fair that he had major issues with the film’s portrayal of Luke Skywalker.

Likewise, after reading Rian Johnson’s script for The Last Jedi, Hamill said, “I at one point had to say to Rian, ‘I pretty much fundamentally disagree with every choice you’ve made for this character. Now, having said that, I have gotten it off my chest, and my job now is to take what you’ve created and do my best to realize your vision.’

Hamill noted that he has the utmost respect for Johnson and The Force Awakens’s director, J.J. Abrams, and is pleased with how both films have turned out. He just wanted to be heard.
To be fair, actors aren’t necessarily the best arbiters of where stories should go, and Hamill had only played Luke for about five minutes between the end of Return of the Jedi and the start of filming for The Last Jedi. But the fact he “fundamentally disagreed” with “every choice” made for Luke seems like a bad omen of the highest magnitude.

Johnson said Episode IX would have been "Leia's movie", like they planned to give each original character one movie to shine, and unfortunately, she was third in line.  Realistic expectations for this episode, but damn it's sad she's not there in the flesh for the finale.

So I gather Luke is a real jerk in this film then, so edgy.

Mark Hamill has come out and said some pretty serious things about how he was asked to portray Luke in The Last Jedi:

Mark Hamill revealed to Vanity Fair that he had major issues with the film’s portrayal of Luke Skywalker.

Likewise, after reading Rian Johnson’s script for The Last Jedi, Hamill said, “I at one point had to say to Rian, ‘I pretty much fundamentally disagree with every choice you’ve made for this character. Now, having said that, I have gotten it off my chest, and my job now is to take what you’ve created and do my best to realize your vision.’

Hamill noted that he has the utmost respect for Johnson and The Force Awakens’s director, J.J. Abrams, and is pleased with how both films have turned out. He just wanted to be heard.

To be fair, actors aren’t necessarily the best arbiters of where stories should go, and Hamill had only played Luke for about five minutes between the end of Return of the Jedi and the start of filming for The Last Jedi. But the fact he “fundamentally disagreed” with “every choice” made for Luke seems like a bad omen of the highest magnitude.

I strongly feel that Hamill is the only person left alive who is connected to the franchise and still has some integrity. His recent work has demonstrated a strong understanding of what makes a character and he likely has a better idea than anyone on Luke. More importantly, he loves and respects the fans even after all these years. Maybe we shouldn't be surprised at these statements as it's been clear since the last matinee garbage that the new trilogy isn't the sequel we were looking for. It's actually quite nice to hear that coming from someone behind the scenes. I couldn't really picture, let alone stomach, Hamill saying "this is 100% star wars and is going to be fantastic!"

• 4 weeks later...

So, the movie started shooting in January and now the directors have jumped ship over creative differences, Ron Howard is rumoured to take over the helm. This is going to be so bad.

Yeah, this does not bode well for the film. Apparently Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy felt Lord and Miller's work so far wasn't "Star Wars" enough, and the directors wouldn't compromise their vision.

Thing is, they were supposedly weeks from wrapping filming - I don't care how good Ron Howard is as a director, there's nothing that can change a film's direction this late in the game without massive reshoots, and if the problem was that it wasn't "Star Wars" enough, how in the hell are they going to fix that with the majority of principal photography already done?

I think Disney better carefully reconsider these "Anthology" stories before announcing any further ones.