IGNORED

Repress of Repress 1972 Records Repress of SAW II

Joyrex

Am I right in thinking the 1972 repress is the one that uses the CD version as the master ?

You would be correct - AFAIK, no represses of SAW II use the source material.

I wonder if they fixed the quality issues they had with the first pressing.

For the life of me I can't understand why Warp refuses to do a proper vinyl release of this. It would sell like hot cakes.

This.

For the life of me I can't understand why Warp refuses to do a proper vinyl release of this. It would sell like hot cakes.

This.

Probably either due to the costs of pressing a triple vinyl, the remastering effort, etc.

That, or they are waiting for the 25th Anniversary for something... special.

This.

Probably either due to the costs of pressing a triple vinyl, the remastering effort, etc.

I forget - was it determined if this repress is authorised, or not?

This.

It's a shitty bootleg by a shitty bootleg label who make inferiour products from CD masters, lacking the "Stone in Focus" track and fucking up the original artwork with different fonts and whatnot. 

So, no.

Just read the comments underneath this page: https://www.discogs.com/label/283751-1972

This.

It's a shitty bootleg by a shitty bootleg label who make inferiour products from CD masters, lacking the "Stone in Focus" track and fucking up the original artwork with different fonts and whatnot. 

So, no.

Just read the comments underneath this page: https://www.discogs.com/label/283751-1972

See, I thought it wasn't authorised, but then Joyrex is posting about it....and I know how he doesn't like unauthorised stuff being sold, so I'm confused.

This.

So, no.

See, I thought it wasn't authorised, but then Joyrex is posting about it....and I know how he doesn't like unauthorised stuff being sold, so I'm confused.

This. Honestly, Joyrex acts like he owns the place.

From what I've gathered, it's not a bootleg, it's just by a branch of Warner Bros and manufactered by Rhino Records (a normally great label). So it's just a bad CD (possibly mp3) to Vinyl pressing done by a branch of Warner Bros who have the license to the album. I doubt Richard or even Warp had any say in this or approved of it.

To be fair, the original black and brown vinyl pressings by Warp sound terrible as well (pushing 60 minutes per LP).

From what I've gathered, it's not a bootleg, it's just by a branch of Warner Bros and manufactered by Rhino Records (a normally great label). So it's just a bad CD (possibly mp3) to Vinyl pressing done by a branch of Warner Bros who have the license to the album. I doubt Richard or even Warp had any say in this or approved of it.

To be fair, the original black and brown vinyl pressings by Warp sound terrible as well (pushing 60 minutes per LP).

Ahhh yes, I remember this now.

It's one of those grey areas where technically it's legit, but yeah...

Thanks for clearing this up!

This.

I think quality could definitely be an issue -as with vinyl, the more material you pack on to a record, quality becomes compromised. So perhaps they're not confident that they'd be doing it any justice pressing in the same 3x vinyl format. I've read criticisms on discogs of even the original Warp vinyls (or was it just the brown issue?)

For this reason they should just remove all doubt and release it on 4 X vinyl! Include Stone In Focus and Hankie of course. I have no doubt that they'd be able to sell a ton of copies as it's an album that's steadily been revered on a pretty universal scale, not just by fans of electronic music. Somebody even wrote a small book about it for god's sake.

• 1 month later...

Ahhh yes, I remember this now.

It's one of those grey areas where technically it's legit, but yeah...

Thanks for clearing this up!

Just reinstating my previous comment to let everyone know that these ARE FAKE and ARE BOOTLEGS. Warp just spoke out against them:

https://www.facebook.com/warprecords/posts/141481355970497

Warp Records SAW II = definitely fake/bootlegs... not licensed or released by Warp. The 85-92 release is on R&S, but from the artwork it appears to be a bootleg also.

Also, on a related note. I finally hung up my SAW II poster that someone made for me once and I just had to make this picture to enlarge my e-penis:

caWgzts.jpg

edit: I'll ignore the post on that facebook link from someone saying it's licensed from SIRE. :dadjoke:

SIRE are just cow milking cunts, they don't care, neither should you. #TeamWarp

edit2: if anyone wants the big ass file for that SAW II artwork, PM me, someone on watmm made it yeaars ago, can't remember who!

Archived