IGNORED

Pitchfork: The 50 Best IDM Albums of All Time

KovalainenFanBoy

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess Supermodified is pretty IDM. not in its sound palette or its mood but in the intense sound manipulation. come on (my) Amon, give us something solid again.

Most everything he did pre-ISAM was ace, if you put a gun to me head I'd say Supermodified but they all have their charms and crevasses to get lost in.  I've heard him all over adverts & movies too so dude must be banksy some major royalty cheques.

The two Blechs should be on any essential idm list

classic idm has that pyramid quality where they bring thing in slowly and then take them out bit by bit until your left with what they had at the beginning

no ultravisitor? that twang epic....his best i reckons

less kyma garbage, more four ton mantis

*Morpheus yeeesss.*

Most everything he did pre-ISAM was ace, if you put a gun to me head I'd say Supermodified but they all have their charms and crevasses to get lost in.

yep. the Bricolage/Permutation/Supermodified/Out From Out Where run is one of the strongest/most unfuckable ever. I'd have to go with Permutation for my favourite record cos it was my first and it's a little bit darker... but my favourite track is still Slowly from Supermodified.

yeah hits of 76ix is actually really great - dude has major idm cojones. 

less kyma garbage, more four ton mantis

*Morpheus yeeesss.*

Most everything he did pre-ISAM was ace, if you put a gun to me head I'd say Supermodified but they all have their charms and crevasses to get lost in.

yep. the Bricolage/Permutation/Supermodified/Out From Out Where run is one of the strongest/most unfuckable ever. I'd have to go with Permutation for my favourite record cos it was my first and it's a little bit darker... but my favourite track is still Slowly from Supermodified.

this is true although i'll add that ultraword->uforb->(pomme fritz->) terrarum -> orblivion is even stronger.

something to be said for the first 4 chemical bros albums too. after that such a disappointing drop

Yeah the shit he said about aphex and ae and the orb in energy flash is insane given how much moby and joey beltram dick sucking there is.

it was released before Play and Moby's subsequent rise to pop culture mainstream status but yeah you have a point 

something to be said for the first 4 chemical bros albums too. after that such a disappointing drop

THIS 

They were my gateway to electronic music, via a track they had on a MTV sampler my dad had.

Push The Button I bought without a listen in 2003 and it was a letdown. Not terrible but they haven't been the same. That said they are putting out good stuff still. Further onward has been pretty solid. I still feel like they are the only 'big beat' group that had a smooth transition out to general EDM/electronica/dance.

If there's something to be said about chemical brothers, you might as well underworld to the list (dubnobass..?). Not sure if it belongs on an idm list (although i'm completely agnostic about it), but it's def an impactful album and helped cementing electronica in pop culture. Just like musicforthejilted...

i'd love to see everyone on watmm's 50best albums of no mather what

ok best IDM that i made in about 4 minutes in alphabetical order:

• mu-ziq - Bluff Limbo
  • Amon Tobin - Supermodified
  • Aphex Twin - SAW 85-92
  • Aphex Twin - SAW II
  • Aphex Twin - I Care Because You Do...
  • Aphex Twin - Drukqs
  • Astrobotnia - Part 03
  • Autechre - Tri Repetae
  • Autechre - Confield
  • Autechre - Oversteps
  • B12 - Time Tourist
  • Black Dog - Bytes
  • Black Dog - Spanners
  • Boards of Canada - Geogaddi
  • Bogdan Raczynski - Samurai Math Beats
  • Bola - Soup
  • Clark - Body Riddle
  • Clark - Totems Flare
  • CN - Nu
  • Cylob - Cylobian Sunset
  • FSOL - Lifeforms
  • Jega - Geometry
  • Kinesthesia - Empathy Box
  • Lego Feet - Lego Feet
  • Leo Anibaldi - Void
  • Meat Beat Manifesto - Subliminal Sandwich
  • Mike & Rich - EKT
  • Monolake - Momentum
  • Mouse on Mars - Autoditacker
  • Mouse on Mars - Idiology
  • Mr. Oizo - Moustache (Half A Scissor)
  • 0pn - R Plus Seven
  • The Orb - The Orb's Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld
  • The Orb - Orbus Terrarum
  • Orbital - In Sides
  • The Other People Place - Lifestyles Of The Laptop Cafe
  • Oval - 94disktont.
  • Phoenecia - Brownout
  • Plaid - Spokes
  • Seefeel - Succour
  • Speedy J - A Shocking Hobby
  • Squarepusher - Feed Me Weird Things
  • Squarepusher - Go Plastic
  • Team Doyobi - Cryptoburners
  • The Tuss - Rushup Edge
  • Vladislav Delay - Multila
  • VHS Head - Trademark Ribbons Of Gold
  • Vulva - From The Cockpit
  • Wagon Christ - Tally Ho!
  • Wisp - NRTHNDR

deece list though i don't know how lifeforms can be considered idm. isdn maybe. little heavy on early 2000s stuff. anyway, can i get similar top fifty house, ambient and techno lists? not being sarcastic

Archived