IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Listen jack, we’re going to clean the democratic party of revisionists and liberalism. no dog-faced pony soldiers for the elite will survive what I’m planning. That mao guy was good, but he didn’t go far enough with the, you know, the thing. Well fats, can you fire a rifle? have you read Mao? can you live up in the mountains and organize guerrilla raids on federal ammunition depots? that’s the kind of skills I’m searching for, and I won’t take no kit and kaboodle less than that.

Here’s the facts, Barack and I are good buds. I still have him and Michelle over for drinks every couple of months. Let’s cut the confetti though, Barack is a liberal and was a malarkey magnet during his presidency.

Every day I’d go into the oval office, give him a stack of theory, and tell the guy to get his bids straight. I’d say “Barry, you gotta nationalize everything and purge the DNC of liberalism”. He’d just laugh and tell me to go play with my trains.

I’m not setting up that board game again, no sir. This time we’re shooting pool for keeps. C’mon jack, we’re going to seize the means of making, you know, the thing.

• Burger 4

2 hours ago, dcom said:

Attorney Albert Watkins said his client, Jacob Chansley [Qanon Shaman], “felt like he was answering the call of our president” when he stormed the nation’s seat of government last Wednesday during a riot that resulted in the deaths of at least five people.

“He felt like his voice was, for the first time, being heard,” Watkins said. “And what ended up happening, over the course of the lead-up to the election, over the course of the period from the election to Jan. 6 — it was a driving force by a man he hung his hat on, he hitched his wagon to. He loved Trump. Every word, he listens to him.”

“We all have to understand that the words that were spoken by the president meant something, not just to my client. They meant something to a lot of people,” Watkins said in his interview. “They listened to those words. And those words meant something to them.

And they had a right to rely on the words of their president that was strewed forth worldwide,” he said. “And they did. And now they’re turning around [and] they’re getting arrested, as well many should be.” Nevertheless, Trump “needs to stand up and own these people,” Watkins argued. “He has an obligation to them. He has an obligation to our nation. It’s not going to happen.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/15/attorney-qanon-shaman-trump-pardon-459608

• Farnsworth 1

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The National Rifle Association on Friday said in a statement that it has filed bankruptcy petitions in U.S. court as part of a restructuring plan.

The gun rights advocacy group said it would restructure as a Texas nonprofit to exit what it said was a “a corrupt political and regulatory environment in New York,” where it is currently registered.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns/national-rifle-association-says-it-has-filed-bankruptcy-petitions-in-u-s-court-idUSKBN29K2LV

surprised by this. thought gun sales would be up since the jan 6th coup attempt

12 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

guns sale stats and NRA don't have anything to do w/each other though. gun sales probably are up.. for like a year i think. there's been lines and out of stock and ammo shortages etc.  

NRA bankruptcy is because of illegal use of funds by the president of NRA.. wayne lapoopier. he somehow vanished millions of dollars. 

https://www.vox.com/2019/4/30/18510946/nra-finances-lapierre-north-accusations-corruption

Edited by ignatius
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nebraska said:

That's a pretty interesting position to be in. Don't pardon and his base may turn on him, or pardon and he basically admits he incited the riot.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1253959

In 'nasty parting shot,' HHS finalizes rule axing LGBTQ nondiscrimination protections

With little more than a week left to the Trump administration, the Department of Health and Human Services has finalized a rule permitting social-service providers that receive government funds to discriminate based on sexual orientation and gender identity.

Maybe it was Pence?

Edited by randomsummer

Poor old Mike Pence.

Just wanted to get his head down, pass a bit of anti-LGBT legislation, and maybe then finally stop the recurring sex dreams about his old university rowing team.

Instead he ended up the centre of an attempted insurrection, part of an administration destined to be remembered as monstrous by history, and to cap it all apparently Trump told him he wasn't a patriot but a 'pussy' on the 6th.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Oh please let it be so... trump being a huge Dick in the senate rambling on high on cough medicine is the spectacle I need.

https://www.businessinsider.com/rudy-giuliani-is-working-on-trumps-impeachment-defense-abc-news-2021-1

Rudy Giuliani said he is working on Trump's defense for the impeachment trial and that he's open to the president himself testifying, ABC News report says

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

this is some amazing footage. 

"we might as well set up a government while we're here. let's vote on some shit!" parade of morons. 

lol

y0y0gfjhcxb61.jpg?width=783&auto=webp&s=

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 2
  • Burger 3
  • Farnsworth 2

That NYer video was some of the best distilled raw footage I've seen yet. Thanks for sharing. 

I know this comparison might seem to make too much light of a gravely serious subject, but I can't help but wonder every time I see video of the crowds descending on the Capitol Building if Trump intentionally fed these creatures after midnight. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, ignatius said:

this is some amazing footage. 

"we might as well set up a government while we're here. let's vote on some shit!" parade of morons. 

lol

That part where they're all yelling "treason, treason"...why yes..that is exactly what you're committing.

2 hours ago, Valleyfold said:

24/7 surveillance from the state to stop terrorism. What could go wrong. 

Do you understand how mobile phones and cellular base stations work? The base stations log whenever a device is in range, and even in Finland the authorities can request the data from the network infrastructure companies. During the holidays in Finland mobile carriers looked at that exact kind of data (anonymized, though) to see how much the Finns were moving around the country to see relatives etc. so that the government statisticians and health officials got data on whether to prepare for an increase in COVID-19 infections or not. Do you know that whenever you're inside an airport, most of them track your mobile for wayfinding and commercial purposes?

I would assume that the US goverment can subpoena the information from the carriers, and from a defensive security point of view I would assume that the Capitol would be a way more secure area by default. From an offensive security point of view the people who stormed the capitol had absolutely no clue on how to take care of operational security - everybody was streaming, photographing, sending texts and yeah, carrying a mobile tracking device with them inside the building. Operational security 101 - don't take anything with which you can be tracked when you do illegal things that could land you in hot water. That means no mobiles, they register with base stations even when turned off.

If I was responsible for the security in a site like that, I would set up my own mobile base stations just to capture the device ids and locations; I would set up WLAN base stations to capture devices searching for networks; I would set up BT scanners to stalk on passing devices with BT on. All these things can be set up locally with non-carrier devices that you own and control, you don't even have to require cooperation from mobile carriers - and when you control the hardware and infrastructure, you get to do whatever you want.

Yeah, constant surveillance is constant, but most people are silently complicit by being oblivious to it.

"The issue's not whether you're paranoid, Lenny, I mean look at this shit, the issue is whether you're paranoid enough." -- "Max Peltier", Strange Days

Edited by dcom
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Valleyfold said:

For sure, we've already given away our data and privacy, some because of ignorance, some completely voluntarily. It still feels jarring when people openly celebrate state surveillance when it agrees with their agenda. 

It's the showmanship and performative public nature of US politics.

• Like 2

Let's face it, we are seen as cattle and as a ressource to exploit. Combine mass surveillance with machine learning and privatised media and you have a machinery that allows those who are in control of it to do very effective opinion and indignation management, free will - a market disturbance - becomes a managable factor. By measuring your emotional responses to certain stimula all your weaknesses are exposed and can be used to control your behaviour. Once such an infrastructure is fully implemented there is virtually no way to reverse it because all efforts can be nipped in the bud. Maybe it's too late already.

Edited by dingformung
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Let's face it, we are seen as cattle and as a ressource to exploit. Combine mass surveillance with machine learning and privatised media and you have a machinery that allows those who are in control of it to do very effective opinion and indignation management, free will - a market disturbance - becomes a managable factor. By measuring your emotional responses to certain stimula all your weaknesses are exposed and can be used to control your behaviour. Once such an infrastructure is fully implemented there is virtually no way to reverse it because all efforts can be nipped in the bud. Maybe it's too late already.

We have a thread on that.