Now That Trump's President... (24 hours to go)

35 minutes ago, Braintree said:

How does a racist have a beautiful black wife?

I had no clue who this guy even is, but that confused me as well. I don't know enough about proud boys to understand what the hell they believe in exactly.

found this article on him though...apparently he's not racist?

https://www.kitv.com/story/42687573/facebook-deletes-campaign-page-of-proud-boy-running-for-hawaii-house-seat

The Democratic Party of Hawaii also called out Ochs for a history of offensive posts on social media about the Black, Jewish, and LGBT communities, as well as a video showing Ochs urinating into active lava fissure at the Kilauea volcano.

"This isn't a political issue, this is a moral issue, this is about what we as a community stand for and we as welcoming people of Hawaii believe in," says Tyler Dos Santos-Tam, the chair of the Hawaii Democratic Party.

Ochs' opponent, Democratic nominee Adrian Tam, also denounced the posts. "I hope the voters know that this does not represent Hawaii values and more importantly that they exercise their right to vote and reject this racism, bigotry, and hateful ideology," he says.

Ochs is defending himself, saying while his language isn't politically correct, he denies he's a racist or white supremacist.

"I'm happy to talk to anyone. And again, I am either the world's worst racist, or I'm not a racist. You have to acknowledge that a white supremacist does not marry a black woman and have a mixed family, that is not what that word means and the people that are throwing it around are disingenuous," Ochs tells KITV4.

The Democratic Party of Hawaii called on the Hawaii Republican Party to denounce Ochs' remarks.  Republican Party chair Shirlene Ostrov told KITV4 the party had no comment, and that they stand by Ochs as their GOP nominee for the seat.   

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ignatius

• Nebraska

• goDel

• Rubin Farr

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

enough of this pissweak white apologism, at long last. apparently you haven't paid attention the last 5 years and understood the scale of what has occurred in that time. go take a cursory look at the 

A bunch of entitled/threatened/fearful white people have allowed themselves to be brainwashed to support the egotism of a common opportunist / cheap tie salesman. Now they are resorting to violen

Posted Images

right after trump was suspended from youtube for 7 days, his acting AG put up a video that's actually good

new member, part of qanon caucus:

Edited by very honest
  • Thanks 1

^ that last one exhibits classic karen posturing...the way her shoulders are slightly hunched, mouth jutted forward...I don't even need to hear a word to be able to tell it is going to be non-stop verbal diarrhea time

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, jules said:

Does that mean he loses his healthcare, pension, travel, and ability to ever run for office again or does it have to go through the Senate to determine that?

I’m of the understanding he has to be convicted in the senate first

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Upset man said:

I’m of the understanding he has to be convicted in the senate first

Damn. Oh well. He def won't be convicted in the Senate. And now we pay him for the rest of his life. 

3 minutes ago, jules said:

Damn. Oh well. He def won't be convicted in the Senate. And now we pay him for the rest of his life. 

The fallback position could be censuring him under Article 3 of the 14th Amendment, which prevents someone who's taken part in an insurrection against the United States from ever running for federal office.

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 4

Censuring him can affect his ability to run again, collect his pension, etc. I believe. He also still gets his full Secret Service detail, as I think his entire family does, to defend them from a lifetime of being harassed in public, people throwing stuff at them, maybe trying to physically accost one they don’t like. ymmv

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jules said:

I wouldn't be so sure.  Mitch hasn't said one way or the other, he said he'll listen to the evidence (lol, shouldn't he do that every time?).

I read somewhere that one of the biggest motivators to convict in the Senate is because the Rs have recently lost a lot of big / corporate donors, and they think that if they convict Trump it could bring some of that money flowing back in.  It's just crazy enough to work, having money be the only motivation for impeachment.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jules said:

Does that mean he loses his healthcare, pension, travel, and ability to ever run for office again or does it have to go through the Senate to determine that?

No, it means the senate won't pass it and nothing will happen.

12 minutes ago, randomsummer said:

I wouldn't be so sure.  Mitch hasn't said one way or the other, he said he'll listen to the evidence (lol, shouldn't he do that every time?).

I read somewhere that one of the biggest motivators to convict in the Senate is because the Rs have recently lost a lot of big / corporate donors, and they think that if they convict Trump it could bring some of that money flowing back in.  It's just crazy enough to work, having money be the only motivation for impeachment.

I'm pretty sure it takes a 2/3 majority. Not happening.

8 minutes ago, Upset man said:

So censure him. He shouldn’t receive a pension or any government benefits.

Also realize what a pain in the ass it is to secure the surrounding area to Trump Tower

2 hours ago, jules said:

has to go through the senate to determine if he will charged. this is basically the black spot according to the articles

Edited by Nebraska
2 hours ago, jules said:

Convicting someone who is impeached requires a two-thirds majority vote in the Senate. Then the Senate can permanently disqualify the convict from any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States by a simple majority vote.

• Thanks 1

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/emmanuelfelton/capitol-police-angry-congress-members-ignore-metal-detectors

Two of the officers who spoke to BuzzFeed News said it wouldn’t surprise them if lawmakers had been involved. “There are definitely some members who need to be held to account once an investigation shows the totality of circumstances,” one said.

“Let’s be very clear, we are here for Congress,” a veteran officer said. “We are the buffer, so that Congress doesn’t have to deal with the mess that they create in their respective districts, so they don’t have to deal with the public. That’s primarily what our mission is — police work is kind of a second thought.”

u592pafcr5b61.png?width=597&auto=webp&s=

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Burger 1

^ I thought nothing would top him self-owning by revealing that his "doctor wife" told him wet pussies were a concerning medical issue. This is a contender. 

• Haha 2

Another interesting note, those NG soldiers are with the 29th ID as seen on their shoulder badges. That division was the main one at Omaha Beach at Normandy. It's emblem symbolizes the unification of past militias and regiments from both the North and South.

As the division was composed of men from states that had units that fought for both the North and South during the Civil War, it was nicknamed the "Blue and Gray" division, after the blue uniforms of the Union and the gray uniforms of the Confederate armies during the American Civil War.[7]

• Like 4
  • Squee changed the title to Now That Trump's President... (less than 1 week left, my boys)
  • Rubin Farr changed the title to Now That Trump's President... (24 hours to go)