IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Maybe within the next decade we'll get a modern/near-future sequel to Black Dynamite, starring one of his 27 grandchildren. He/she shall be named Black Thermite, and the arch villain shall be

15 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Trump tapped her already?  

I knew what they meant, but thought the same thing. Using "taps" must have been fake news CNN's way to throw everyone's mind in that direction. And we know it's only a matter of time before he probably tries to anyway. 

Droppin by the thread to see if anything happened to Trump. Any news as a result all of the appalling things he did and we know he did? no? Well ok I'll drop by again in a few months see if anything even a little substantial is happening.

Edited by Brisbot

Just now, Brisbot said:

Droppin by the thread to see if anything happened to Trump. Any news as a result all of the appalling things he did and we know he did? no? Well ok I'll drop by again in a few months see if anything even a little substantial is happening.

See you in 2021...provided we either have a new POTUS, or Shit Dumpling gets re-elected but Congress is under full Dem control with a Senate flip.

bit of a harpooning there. her voice shaking makes it feel so personal. 

i don't know the story/history on bussing in this example but not sure she buried the harpoon too deep. but i like that she's going in early to dirty him up some. he has to expect it. he's the frontrunner right? 

27 minutes ago, very honest said:

he is leading in the polls... as of jun 27.

50 minutes ago, ambergonk said:

Bernie be like "you guys done? cuz shit's on fire and nobody's put it out yet."

I love me some Burnie Cinders

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

bit of a harpooning there. her voice shaking makes it feel so personal. 

i don't know the story/history on bussing in this example but not sure she buried the harpoon too deep. but i like that she's going in early to dirty him up some. he has to expect it. he's the frontrunner right? 

My guess is she might be even helping him. It looks to me he's well able to explain his positions and his record on race is very much a positive.

Will minorities trust him more than his competitors? In the end, when there's only two left (Trump the other), the answer's yes. Is he a perfect candidate? No, obviously not. 

His touchy feely way around women might be a bigger issue. But if he ends up fighting Trump, I don't think Trump will use that as he only exposes himself in doing so. 

Bidens road to victory might be a fairly simple one: shut up (and keep your hands to yourself), and be the silent wise gray white man. Be the anti-Trump by becoming the dalai lama of US politics. Completely Zen. A peaceful cloud in the political sky of US politics. 

she seems fun. 

when i was 14 and thought one day i'd light the cigarette of an older woman while i was in a bar w/a fake ID she's the woman i imagined. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

Chapotraphouse has been obsessed with her for a few weeks, they call her vibe "orb energy" - it's been way more lighthearted than their roasting of other candidates. I think they are still skeptical AF but there's something endearing about her they can't deny.

Turns out that she was actually down to interview with them, and they had a pretty informative / insightful discussion - some assertive and thorough questions and decent answers, I kind of like her myself. Along with Bernie she seems to be part of the spurring for more hard-hitting leftist policies being floated around and the tone shifting from safe centrism (HRC, Biden) to actual substantive plans from more and more of the field of candidates.

I'm completely done with Biden. I think I'd prefer him over maybe Hickenlooper or something but that's about it. If there's one I agree with theory wise is that the only thing he has going for him is Obama nostalgia by association.

I like Sanders and Warren. Prefer Casto over Beto, getting quite lukewarm about Harris and Booker. Yang and Gabbard are too haphazard and aloof. I find Marianne intriguing, skeptical of Gillibrand. Bennet I respect but he's like the best of the literally indistinguishable MOR batch of white centrist dudes. I liked Buttigieg but he's really, really fucked up how he handled his districts recent police corruption and now tragic shooting. Got turned off from Klobuchar based on the consistent allegations of her being an horrendous boss.

Edited by joshuatxuk