IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

12 hours ago, usagi said:

er no, don't get it twisted. he didn't say putting individuals on trial doesn't work, at all. individuals are responsible for their choices and their actions. how would any kind of justice system function without individual accountability, exactly? what Dave meant to say is the bigger picture also matters, fixing the systemic issue requires putting the system on trial as well, instead of focusing exclusively on individuals. you've made a huge leap here.

the only victims in this particular equation are that man's balls, may they rest in peace. I don't know what you have to be smoking to look at a picture of a comfortably potbellied middle class old white man wielding assault rifles, a dangerous magatard (with all the wilfully-chosen bad beliefs that implies) pretending like he's some heroic liberating warrior and getting himself killed behind that dumb ass fantasy, and then say "poor guy, let's not beat on him too much", while in the same world POCs born into entrenched disadvantage get fucked up by the law just for existing. that we have indulged their bullshit for so long with our misplaced good will is what has allowed the situation to devolve to this point.

Q51XBIl.png

• Like 4
  • Burger 2

I thought it was a bit too speedy for them to appear on the no-fly lists already. But the facial recognition software/FBI crowdsourcing campaign will get them there soon enough. When that happens, that sort of scene as in the video above will be common enough soon, and I'm looking forward to it. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, usagi said:

er no, don't get it twisted. he didn't say putting individuals on trial doesn't work, at all. individuals are responsible for their choices and their actions. how would any kind of justice system function without individual accountability, exactly? what Dave meant to say is the bigger picture also matters, fixing the systemic issue requires putting the system on trial as well, instead of focusing exclusively on individuals. you've made a huge leap here.

the only victims in this particular equation are that man's balls, may they rest in peace. I don't know what you have to be smoking to look at a picture of a comfortably potbellied middle class old white man wielding assault rifles, a dangerous magatard (with all the wilfully-chosen bad beliefs that implies) pretending like he's some heroic liberating warrior and getting himself killed behind that dumb ass fantasy, and then say "poor guy, let's not beat on him too much", while in the same world POCs born into entrenched disadvantage get fucked up by the law just for existing. that we have indulged their bullshit for so long with our misplaced good will is what has allowed the situation to devolve to this point.

I disagree with you but I appreciate your response it helps me think about this let me explain. I believe you are putting words into David Chappelles mouth when you refer about what he "meant to say" he said in the South Africa example that white people too in the highest level of the administration who oppressed POC were encouraged to said with transparency what they I thihow they benefitted from the system and if I remember correctly he says that these white people were victims of the system that the system is so complex and compartmentalized in relationship to information that this is the only way to truly glimpse how the system works it requires truth and reconciliation at all levels. By the way I was interested in learning more about this and aparrently there are people in America who advocate for truth and reconciliation and it seems liike they focus on the local level but have national ambition. It seems to focus on race but I believe this is a mistake and it should be more broad encompassing class and political corruption as well: https://www.npr.org/2020/10/11/922849505/healing-u-s-divides-through-truth-and-reconciliation-commissions

I also think that you not only put words into David Chappelles mouth but into mine as weell in your second paragraph let me explain. First off your words have given me food for thought because I am honestly trying to understand David Chappelles idea and I think I need to research the South Africa example and possibly study the writings of Mr. Nelson Mandela if he does have writings. But I think you offer the most potent criticism of this idea because you are right it eliminates personal individiual accounability and possibly makes a mockery of justice. It would mean that literally everyone is a victim of political and econoimc systems and this I think you would agree means that if everyone is a victim that is meaningless because then really no one is a victim. But on the other hand I did nt say that this guy was a liberator. Just hypothesizing about this here but lets just say that he was indeed a terrible person, liike that he cheated on his wife and beat his kids of which he has two I think. But my point is that he is a victim of dangerouos trump rhetoric and many many decisions and other rhetoorics made by politicians over the course of decades that would have made him succeptible to this things int he first place. I believe truly deep down that all live has intrinsic meaning and a priceless value and that anything less than this approaches a kind of cynicism. I am not some kind of all lives matter goofball but those are my beliefs take them however you like. I also think you are wrong about placing all of the blame on trumpt supporters for allowing the situation to devolve to this point as you say. It is not just people of color that have it bad in America. Historically and systemically yes you are right they most certainly have it the worst comparitably but poor white people in a lot of cases probably have it bad in very similar ways.

On 1/9/2021 at 10:52 AM, Braintree said:

I read something last night about how we've kind of been conditioned to call things like this terrorism and that's it's basically manufactured consent.

Going to read some more about it before forming an opinion.

Mr Greenwald has made that article I mentioned available for free now removed the substack paywall if you are interested:

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1347690238806790149?s=20

Oops.

Parler didn't even strip the EXIF geolocation data from images, meaning that all images that have them had GPS coordinates embedded in them, effectively pinpointing where the picture was taken.

Another thing is that the law enforcement organizations and everyone else will have the same data - the implications should be clear.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 2

holy shit! Can you guys imagine if the civil rights movement had a parler and this happened? I bet mlk would never have gotten to make some of those great speeches of his. I bet that Medger Evers would have been gun down even earlier. I wonder if fred hampton ever would have gotten a chance to try and unite blacks and ppor whites in all those places and help violent street gangs kick drug habits and all that. Very straange development indeed! Let us all cheer these recent developments in the figghthhts aggsggsissainst sffsffaaccsissismssmssm

^ that Parler breach is amazing.

@bupkis I'm not interested in arguing your enlightened centrism with you any further, I can see it's a waste of time. trying to dismiss/play down the race factor when it's a key part of everything that's going on, particularly in the South African apartheid in which it was the defining issue, gets no play with me or anyone who has any sense about how things work out there. enjoy yourself, peace. edit: lmao that last post

Edited by usagi
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, usagi said:

^ that Parler breach is amazing.

@bupkis I'm not interested in arguing your enlightened centrism with you any further, I can see it's a waste of time. trying to dismiss/play down the race factor when it's a key part of everything that's going on, particularly in the South African apartheid in which it was the defining issue, gets no play with me or anyone who has any sense about how things work out there. enjoy yourself, peace. edit: lmao that last post

@usagi How dare you balk at my enlightened centrism! You have hurt my feelings!

*cries a little*

*wanks into a flannel*

17 minutes ago, dcom said:

the site itself is down so none of those links work as far as I can see. there appear to be group efforts to put up a mirror/archive.

1 minute ago, usagi said:

the site itself is down so none of those links work as far as I can see. there appear to be group efforts to put up a mirror/archive.

There are torrent links later in the thread, I'm looking for more.

video.parler.com links still work. I don't want to auto-embed this video, check this shit out - **https://video.parler.com/iF/Ob/iFOb7x3232kZ.mp4**

Edited by usagi
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, usagi said:

video.parler.com links still work. I don't want to auto-embed this video, check this shit out - **https://video.parler.com/iF/Ob/iFOb7x3232kZ.mp4**

Wow ... a guy calling himself "gypsy" wearing a totenkopf :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

Wow ... a guy calling himself "gypsy" wearing a totenkopf :facepalm:

I mean...these guys were educated in the US, if they went to school at all.

12 hours ago, auxien said:

oops, looks like this is actually an old video:

I dunno, the guy says they kicked him off for being a terrorist, doesn't say anything about no mask...and he's wearing mask (admittedly as a chin strap but still).

• Haha 1

The House of Representatives is moving forward with plans to impeach President Donald Trump a second time, charging him with inciting violence against the United States government by challenging the election results.

In a congressional document, Democrats in the House of Representatives accused Trump of engaging in high crimes and misdemeanors when he encouraged the "lawless action" that took place at the Capitol on January 6. To actually remove the president, though, Democrats still need to get enough members of their own party, as well as two-thirds of the Senate on board, which is a tall order.

https://www.newsweek.com/house-charges-donald-trump-impeachment-inciting-insurrection-1560485?piano_t=1