IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Not sure where to post this, but interesting youtube about the "fake news" battle on social media. And the technical aspects behind it. Or the engineering, if you will. How uploaders of fake news try to fool the algorithms. And how the algorithms try to outsmart the people uploading fake news.

I actually miss Dubya at this point. He said some ridiculous stuff, but he's also the one with the dry sense of humor.

At least *knock on formica desktop* this inexplicably uninformed world leader hasn't started any wars.

WASHINGTON — Democrats have officially launched their assault on President Donald Trump's tax returns. 

Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal, D-Mass., on Wednesday evening said he had filed a formal request with the Treasury Department for the documents.

It’s just the opening salvo in what’s sure to be a prolonged battle with the administration to see returns the president has refused to release.

Democrats have been demanding to see Trump’s tax returns since the 2016 presidential campaign, with Neal’s request just the first stage of what will likely be a lengthy legal battle to obtain them. Since he was a candidate, Trump has claimed he can’t release them because he’s under audit by the IRS.

Ways and Means is one of three congressional committees that has the authority to seek to obtain the president's returns. The other two panels that have the legal ability to request an individual's tax returns are the Senate Finance Committee and the Joint Committee on Taxation.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/house-democrats-formally-request-trump-tax-returns-n990726

sounds hopeful, i just wonder why they waited until 2019 to demand the tax returns. also, richard neal's face looks like the type of face that knows what's in those tax returns 

Joe Biden, without announcing he’s even running, is polling as fucking kryptonite for Trump in 2020. Focus, people. He’s not grabbing pussies.

Meh. I don't put much faith in status quo neoliberals. But we've gone over this debate before.

At this point what I really want to see happen is McConnell get voted out, perhaps even more so than Trump. I can't adequately express how much I want to strangle him, with all the bullshit he's pulled in the Senate for the last six years.

Joe Biden is eww. Why does the establishment always choose their worst candidates to prop up... yeah pick the guy who was paid 200k to sing the praises of that one house republican. Definitely makes me feel he cares about the voters....

I get the same yucky feeling thinking of Biden that I get when I think of Hillary. And I only get that feeling with a few corporate dems. Also Beto with his platitude sandwiches. Joe and Beto are the two I dislike the most, and they're the two the establishment has chosen going by media coverage and donations. At least this early in the race.

There are several centrist corporate dems currently in the running I'd vote for over Biden any day... you know until it comes out they were paid 500k for some speech.

joe biden promises to stop smelling women

That neatly describes the difference between conservatives such as trump and centrists such as biden. Biden smells women. Trump 'grabs' them. Both are sexual harassment, but one is a kind of half measure and the other is all the way.

Edited by Brisbot

Joe Biden is eww. Why does the establishment always choose their worst candidates to prop up... yeah pick the guy who was paid 200k to sing the praises of that one house republican. Definitely makes me feel he cares about the voters....

I get the same yucky feeling thinking of Biden that I get when I think of Hillary. And I only get that feeling with a few corporate dems. Also Beto with his platitude sandwiches. Joe and Beto are the two I dislike the most, and they're the two the establishment has chosen going by media coverage and donations. At least this early in the race.

There are several centrist corporate dems currently in the running I'd vote for over Biden any day... you know until it comes out they were paid 500k for some speech.

joe biden promises to stop smelling women

That neatly describes the difference between conservatives such as trump and centrists such as biden. Biden smells women. Trump 'grabs' them. Both are sexual harassment, but one is a kind of half measure and the other is all the way.

If you ask me, Bernie and Tulsi are the only candidates worth voting for next year. And frankly I wish they'd just merge to the same ticket. Obviously the corporate news outlets don't want to acknowledge their existence, which is telling.

Bernie's campaign set up the weak ass hitjob on Biden, and Tulsi Gabbard is more of a Republican in disguise than any of the Dem establishment candidates. 

Regarding releasing his taxes, which has reared its ugly head again in this morning's news cycle, I don't see what the point of making this an issue is anymore? So what if it shows he's not as rich as he claims or that he doesn't pay them (maybe even gets a refund lol) or gets funded by Russian/Middle Eastern bogeymen. Seems it's mostly to prove what a corrupt piece of shit he is and he shouldn't be able to get away with "it", but isn't everyone already well aware he is an unprincipled, lying, shady businessman? And if he is getting Ruskie dollars, we already know he supports Putin no matter what. The R's and MAGA army don't care and I don't see this as a way to get the undecided/maybe-he's-ok voters to turn away from him. Plus if they are ever released, it'll be in the news for 24 hours before the next distraction occurs and we'll move on.

And funnyman donnie still saying he's under audit so he can't release them...why doesn't someone at the IRS pipe up and say you're not under audit and quit saying stupid shit? Scared of the angry orange twitter bursts?