IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

22 hours ago, Blir said:

Americans of WATMM. Has Trump done anything since being in power that you would consider good, or for the better? Honestly.

I'm not American but I think showing some support to Taiwan was a good idea and one of the few good things regarding Trump's foreign policy. Maybe it was just an accident but who cares

• Facepalm 1

22 hours ago, Blir said:

Americans of WATMM. Has Trump done anything since being in power that you would consider good, or for the better? Honestly.

Not really adding anything new here. But in terms of direct impact, no. He's a bloated tick as far as I'm concerned.

But the silver lining is that every bottom-dwelling white nationalist twat has been drawn out into the open in the last two or three years, and all the worst aspects of the Republican party and their fundamentally flawed ethics and policies that come with are in full manifest. Meaning the rest of us are more motivated than ever to mend a long-broken political system. Perhaps it's the kick in arse we were long due for, if that makes sense.

I just hope that sooner rather than later, we can make real progress in the way of dealing with climate change, fixing our deteriorating foreign policy (including the influence of the military industrial complex), pushing for universal health care, improving education, refurbishing faltering infrastructure, etc.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, very honest said:

Episode 3 of The Report does a good job of going over one of the harder-to-follow sections of the mueller report.

Thx!

Looks interesting:

Episode three is entitled "The Campaign and the Leaks." It covers the Trump campaign involvement in the distribution of hacked materials. No American took part in the actual Russian hacking of Democratic emails, but when it came to actually releasing the stolen emails, the story is more complicated. First, the Trump campaign and associates had a number of direct and indirect interactions with Wikileaks about releases of stolen materials. And second, in what may be the most bizarre escapade of the entire Mueller report, the Trump campaign, including Trump himself, set out on a wild goose chase to get probably-fake Clinton emails from probably fake Russian hackers—even as real Russian hackers were busily releasing real Clinton campaign emails.

In this episode we also tackle a section of Mueller’s report that is largely redacted in order o prevent harm to the ongoing prosecution of Roger Stone. As listeners will see, a great deal of what is behind those redactions can be gleaned from court filings in the Stone case, as well as from the special counsel’s draft plea agreement which Jerome Corsi declined to agree to and instead publicly leaked. 

20 people dead in anti-immigrant shooting at a Walmart in El Paso: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/03/us/el-paso-walmart-shooting.html

DIdn't see this posted yet, but I'm posting it in the Trump thread because I believe he is complicit in this, seeing how xenophobia is basically his entire campaign. Becoming the firebrand of white nationalist terrorism will be his legacy.

He used an AK-47 or something like it. Not your usual US rifle, isn't it? Damned ruskies.

Not sure if blaming Trump will help. It's been like this for years. Decades.

Complicit, perhaps. But the same holds for any 2nd amendment fruitcake. Can't blame Trump for all those fruitcakes. Or the 2nd amendment even. This goes beyond Trump. But yes, he's complicit because a large part of his base overlaps with those fruitcakes. He's not going to introduce laws or policies which will put him at odds with his base. Although, I wouldn't rule it out either. It's Trump. You never know.

Just now, goDel said:

He used an AK-47 or something like it. Not your usual US rifle, isn't it? Damned ruskies.

Not sure if blaming Trump will help. It's been like this for years. Decades.

Complicit, perhaps. But the same holds for any 2nd amendment fruitcake. Can't blame Trump for all those fruitcakes. Or the 2nd amendment even. This goes beyond Trump. But yes, he's complicit because a large part of his base overlaps with those fruitcakes. He's not going to introduce laws or policies which will put him at odds with his base. Although, I wouldn't rule it out either. It's Trump. You never know.

You'd be surprised how popular Kalashnikovs are in the US.

But the surge in mass shootings we've seen since he got inaugurated is more than a coincidence I suspect.

Edited by ambergonk

I believe there could be a surge. But the interesting thing is that from the outside, following the reporting I don't get an impression there is one. There's a growing threat coming from rightwing terrorism and lone wolfs and all that. But a surge in mass shootings is not being widely reported here. Not arguing that it isn't the case or anything. Just that I would have expected there would be more of an outcry if that was the case. If there is, I'm getting numb.. ?

40 minutes ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

he's in a great position to reach out to these loners and make it clear that shooting immigrants is not the answer to anything, and that their daddy trump does not approve. instead he distances himself from his own spawn and refuses to acknowledge white nationalists as terrorists and 4/8chan as terrorism hubs. what these shooters believe is simply a more sophisticated version of what trump believes. this is the logical conclusion of his bullshit. it's so obvious that he is sympathetic towards them, just probably thinks they "went too far". he doesn't deserve all of the blame, but he certainly deserves a lot.

4chan even got mentioned on MSNBC over this latest shooting, stating exactly that. Quite frankly, the entire site needs to be busted wide open at this point - get exposed for the psychological cesspool and moral black hole that it is. And hopefully the cockroaches that live there would no longer have anywhere to hide. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for those pukes.

• Like 1

Trump is an evil psychopath and of unsound mind. The only reason he is in power is his family dynasty's money, which should be taken away from him and used for meaningful things instead. Over 80 million Iranians are getting poorer and poorer everyday because of US sanctions. Iran, a country with a very old and sophisticated culture, a confident and pro-western middle class and high standards of education (unlike the US) is getting isolated and systematically brought down by those nutjobs that populate the White House these days, many of which even play with the thought of throwing bombs on the Iranians. Not saying that the Iranian regime isn't terrible, I just don't really see how crushing civil life is helping anything. It's saddening to see the kind of nonchalance with which leaders decide in which part of the world people have to live or die

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, ambergonk said:

You'd be surprised how popular Kalashnikovs are in the US.

But the surge in mass shootings we've seen since he got inaugurated is more than a coincidence I suspect.

don't trust the mainstream news broski. i knew that watmm'ers would be crying when i saw the news putting up 'white man, trump supporter' etc.

the guy was gonna shoot people up either way regardless of political opinion :nope: politics is just easy excuse each time

Eh I wouldn't be so sure about that. If he was angry about different things, he could have become an addict, wife beater, or just depressed. Determining what causes extremist violence is a complex study in itself. That said, people do jump to conclusions out of political interest too often, and fail to realize that reality lives in nuance. 

Oh and we got another one in Dayton, Ohio. 9 people dead. Maybe he was already planning on it and it's a big coincidence. Maybe not.

Edited by Candiru
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ambergonk said:

20 people dead in anti-immigrant shooting at a Walmart in El Paso: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/03/us/el-paso-walmart-shooting.html

DIdn't see this posted yet, but I'm posting it in the Trump thread because I believe he is complicit in this, seeing how xenophobia is basically his entire campaign. Becoming the firebrand of white nationalist terrorism will be his legacy.

if there had been a wall no mexicans would have entered and no anti mexican shootings would commence :cisfor:

16 hours ago, B1000 said:

don't trust the mainstream news broski. i knew that watmm'ers would be crying when i saw the news putting up 'white man, trump supporter' etc.

the guy was gonna shoot people up either way regardless of political opinion :nope: politics is just easy excuse each time

the trump phenomenon has been a massive boon to cultures of bigotry and hate. it's unfortunate, but trump's rise can be interpreted to legitimize those modes of thought. he also directly encourages a culture of prejudice with countless instances of dog-whistles and race-baiting, let alone explicit statements disparaging ethnic groups.

there is no question that, if people stopped racist jokes, and stopped sharing negative stereotypes, and stopped insisting on insensitivity, then statistics of hate crimes and other offenses of discrimination would take a down-turn. real crimes emerge from the culture that casual bigotry perpetuates. 

but we're not talking about private jokes and stereotypes. we're talking about a president who started his campaign with a speech in which he said the illegal mexican immigrants of america are rapists and drug dealers. with rally after rally, touring the country, he poured gasoline on the budding minds of intolerance, nurturing and feeding the historically dangerous human tendency to generalize ethnic groups negatively.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, B1000 said:

I don't know enough about this second shooting in Dayton, but it's already been confirmed that the El Paso shooting was politically motivated. And I suspect the timing is too close to be coincidence.

You wanna say this isn't about politics, but there's been a consistent pattern with these reactionary nutjobs releasing their manifestos prior to their assaults. And yes, the majority of us are anti-Trump. Deal with it.

• Facepalm 1

32 minutes ago, ambergonk said:

I don't know enough about this second shooting in Dayton, but it's already been confirmed that the El Paso shooting was politically motivated. And I suspect the timing is too close to be coincidence.

You wanna say this isn't about politics, but there's been a consistent pattern with these reactionary nutjobs releasing their manifestos prior to their assaults. And yes, the majority of us are anti-Trump. Deal with it.

another to add to the antifa block list. and i noticed 2 who commented after that, auxien & usagi are already on it. how convenient  :crazy:

Edited by B1000

regarding Dayton Ohio

Yamiche Alcindor:
Immigrants in Dayton, though, fear the president's rhetoric puts them in danger.
Audria Ali Maki:
I worry about somebody who is not very stable taking those comments to heart.

3 hours ago, auxien said:

B1000 is a known troll.

so anyone who is against your bleak opinion of the world is always wrong. go throw some milkshakes at people you disagree with, bro...

cPEjqxf.jpg

Edited by B1000
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1