IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

23 hours ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

to be fair rocky should never have gone to jail in the first place. maybe overnight while they consider the circumstances. twas just a good ol fashioned beating on someone who was asking for it and almost definitely deserved it. nothing to see here. i'm sure rocky saw worse shit on a daily basis in harlem when he was growing up.

Wait, this is sarcasm right? it's 5am and i should be sleeping...

He was put in jail because he was deemed to be a flight risk.

It appears in Sweden, they have a different definition of what constitutes assault. When you visit a country, you are obliged to follow the laws of that country. If they had simply left after they knocked him to the street, I am certain Rocky and his handlers would have faced no punishment. As it is, beating a man when he's defenseless on the ground appears to have crossed the line from self-defense to assault. I will point out that I am not a lawyer in Canada, let alone Sweden, so I could be wayyyyy off base.

interesting insight from palmer report. the IG, Horowitz, is no trump obstructor, and he is investigating the death. https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/gave-something-away-barr-epstein-death/19948/

foul play should be investigated, but it's not unlikely that he killed himself, or was simply killed for being a child rapist.

nice to see the IG position is still intact. barr seems like a weapon that history books will record as being largely responsible for the demise of america. he used to be CIA. i sometimes wonder if he is kind of working as a double agent against trump. i dont know what the truth is, but him and rosenstein are enigmatic figures. mccabe clearly sounded an alarm about rosenstein in his book. barr mislead the public about the mueller report. but the thing that makes me wonder if either or both of these individuals are more complex than simply corrupt shit-heads is this: they got the mueller report out. they may have found the way to get it out, and it kind of involved playing trump. but i'm not sure. they may simply be sinister.

if the IG position ever gets trumpered, we will know we're squarely in third reich territory.

10 minutes ago, very honest said:

interesting insight from palmer report. the IG, Horowitz, is no trump obstructor, and he is investigating the death. https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/gave-something-away-barr-epstein-death/19948/

foul play should be investigated, but it's not unlikely that he killed himself, or was simply killed for being a child rapist.

nice to see the IG position is still intact. barr seems like a weapon that history books will record as being largely responsible for the demise of america. he used to be CIA. i sometimes wonder if he is kind of working as a double agent against trump. i dont know what the truth is, but him and rosenstein are enigmatic figures. mccabe clearly sounded an alarm about rosenstein in his book. barr mislead the public about the mueller report. but the thing that makes me wonder if either or both of these individuals are more complex than simply corrupt shit-heads is this: they got the mueller report out. they may have found the way to get it out, and it kind of involved playing trump. but i'm not sure. they may simply be sinister.

if the IG position ever gets trumpered, we will know we're squarely in third reich territory.

i'm not following really.. are you saying they're trying to give trump enough rope to hang himself? i don't think that will work for trump. but also i think the report wasn't going to be held back by anyone. people wanted it and barr's shitty summary wasn't going to do. i don't see him as doing us any favors. he's an advocate for unchecked presidential powers. shrug. 

edit: the article makes a good point but i'm not getting my hopes up. 

Edited by ignatius

they could have tried to bury it. they never needed to release even a summary of the principle findings.

maybe you're right that they knew that that wouldn't fly. i just find myself conflicted about barr, because he released the report. even his misleading summary letter set the appetites of the congress and public by revealing the tantalizing fact that mueller declined to make a traditional prosecutorial decision on obstruction of justice. revealing that fact is really the thing that ensured that the report would get out. the rest of the misleading summary letter may have worked to reassure trump that releasing the report would be ok. 

again, though, i'm wondering out loud. there are good odds that barr represents a historic, existential threat to the country. in his confirmation hearings he was pressed on transparency regarding the results of the special counsel investigation, so he probably released the report because he didn't think he could get away with burying it.

Edited by very honest

Just FYI Barr's father, Donald Barr was the headmaster that gave Epstien his first teaching job. Donald Barr also worked for Reagan. In addition to his academic career he wrote a couple of sci-fi books including one with a future plot about human political elites trafficking youthful alien sex slaves.

Edited by joshuatxuk
  • Like 1

Yeah - can't wait to vote straight ticket Dem next year (but not literally press the straight ticket button as the machines fucked that up)

It's looking good - a lot of congressional Republicans are not seeking re-election. The 2018 elections were really encouraging - biggest gains in decades, some of the closest margins in decades. Soc Dems won some local Houston elections. The first Latinas were elected to congress. The Texas House remained very, very tentatively bipartisan leaning on the state level under Bonnen despite being GOP lead again. Lot of Empower Texan shrills lost their elections as well - that far-right lobbyist group had essentially forced moderate and incumbent GOP figures out via out-spending and nasty primary elections in the years before. 

The probably only sure win for the GOP will be Abbott, that is unless they actually field a venerable opponent. His election was the only blowout, he's off-putting but not nearly as godawful as many other Republicans whereas Cruz and Patrick lost by much smaller margins. Both are unabashed right-wing pricks. Patrick is literally a Trump bootlicker and tactically dog-whistles to conspiracy nuts and far right extremists. There's a large contingency of the Republicans behind closed doors who can't stand him and his leadership in the Senate. It was a notably quiet session with him not doing his usual social conservative red meat bills and staying out of the way of Abbott and Bonnen's goals for passing education reforms. It'll be interesting to see if something finally breaks in terms of inner-party squabbles. 

• Like 1

I'd be happy to see Ted Cruz finally gone. And Mitch McConnell in Kentucky even more so - voting him out is just as critical at this point as ridding the White House of Trump and his stench.

There's also a petition circulating in my own state to get our governor recalled, who's basically a Trump wannabe. He's the last person we need in charge when we're having the warmest summer in the Arctic that I've seen in the last two decades.

Ha! I actually agree with donnie on something. I can't believe CNN, etc. still give the mooch air time. his 15 minutes should have been up 2 years ago.

donnie's been twitter fighting with the mooch over the past few days and said:

Anthony Scaramucci, who was quickly terminated (11 days) from a position that he was totally incapable of handling, now seems to do nothing but television as the all time expert on “President Trump.” Like many other so-called television experts, he knows very little about me.....

The irony is that there isn't much that the mooch needs to know. His combination of hubris/nothing is everything you need to know about the Donald. The mooch is a perfect representation of that. And the bonus is you can see him bend over backways to defend his nonsense. It's fun and telling about the people donnie likes to surround himself with.

Ok, and the FBI/mothafuckin' police raided his island like what, two days ago? They could've have done that any time. Or maybe there's some legality involving his death that made raiding his island more convenient from the perspective of prosecutors.

waits for Eugene to appear to explain how that drone footage is a violation of Epstein's privacy, morally reprehensible and illegal in 100 countries and whoever's running it deserves years of jail time

• Haha 1