IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

anyway...

i like that trump gutted the Endangered Species Act in order to displace headlines about his association with a child sex trafficker, and about his looming impeachment for criminal obstruction of justice, and because it would make his son happy. 

at least he's not getting paid for speeches, like hillary. 

Edited by very honest

8 hours ago, very honest said:

at least he's not getting paid for speeches, like hillary. 

it'll be interesting to see if trump gets paid for speeches once he's out of office and what those speeches will be like. i can imagine him rambling horse shit at some kind of rally for profit. if he isn't in jail i'm guessing he's go forward w/starting that TV network full of far right wing lunacy.. even more so than fox. 

it's interesting that being the president usually means going into debt a bit unless the person is already rich when serving in office. then once you're done you get your reward of book deals and speeches for big dollars.  what kind of job can a former president get? usually it's running  a foundation w/their own name on it like clinton. 

^ that's what's truly frightening here. that even after we've had to put up with his shit show for 4 (probably 8 ) years, he's not going to go away. and it's going to fucking suck if the press continue to give him coverage after he's no longer president. I wonder how many years it is going to take to flush this whole disaster away. I long for the day when I can go to a news site and it's not trump trump trump all the time.

trump was apparently negotiating/brain storming with people to start a TV network when he was running for president. so, i fully expect him to be on TV once he's out of office one way or another.  

if he gets another 4 years, boiiii... I had low expectations for humanity before but we're gonna find out just how low this bitch can go.

I'm actually cautiously optimistic he will get rammed in the ass by the law as soon as he leaves office, but who knows. consider the message the whole Mueller fart-in-the-wind has sent to young people growing up and being taught the usual morals and values by parents and traditional institutions of "be good", "do unto others", "tell the truth", "stand up for the weak", etc. Mueller's repeatedly stated inability to go proceed with indictments because of the DOJ rule about sitting presidents being untouchable basically illustrates to kids that there is one set of rules for those who have power and another for those who don't, at a time when it's more important than ever to show them the opposite.

12 hours ago, ignatius said:

the base will surely rally around his plans to buy Greenland. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-eyes-a-new-real-estate-purchase-greenland-11565904223

I like how they say "with varying degrees of seriousness." I mean that defines his whole political career. Starting off with "Obama's not a real American" to "let's buy Greenland!" ...this whole thing is just one half-joking/half-serious reality series adventure for ol' donald.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ambergonk said:

He better ask the Danish government first

as expected... 

‘We’re NOT for sale’: Denmark shoots down Trump plan to buy Greenland

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/trump-greenland-denmark-purchase-sale-white-house-buy-response-arctic-latest-a9062096.html?utm_source=reddit.com

• Like 1

would be an incentive to do nothing about climate change as well. he wants to remove that snow/ice as soon as possible. similar to what is currently happening on the north pole as well btw. it has become economically too interesting to stop the warming of the north pole.

Donnie's plan to buy Greenland is probably based on some sort of delusional snake oil ponzi scheme he's imagining. Thanks to the awesomeness of global warming, it'll melt that nasty ice in no time! The whole island will be ripe for development! We'll build condos, add a few golf courses, plant some fake palm trees, and BAM - the tourism dollars will start rolling in! You'd be crazy not to invest now! Step right up folks...invest in beautiful Greenland!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, zero said:

Donnie's plan to buy Greenland is probably based on some sort of delusional snake oil ponzi scheme he's imagining. Thanks to the awesomeness of global warming, it'll melt that nasty ice in no time! The whole island will be ripe for development! We'll build condos, add a few golf courses, plant some fake palm trees, and BAM - the tourism dollars will start rolling in! You'd be crazy not to invest now! Step right up folks...invest in beautiful Greenland!!!!!!

I think he was inspired by President Truman also wanting to buy it back in the day...

As a potential American recession is looming, if one were to happen before the 2020 elections, analysts are saying a recession would seriously hurt Trump's chances of re-election.

Is it wrong to wish for a recession? My brain says yes, but my heart says no

6 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

As a potential American recession is looming, if one were to happen before the 2020 elections, analysts are saying a recession would seriously hurt Trump's chances of re-election.

Is it wrong to wish for a recession? My brain says yes, but my heart says no

My brain and heart are waiting for literally anything to matter anymore... so yeah recession!

12 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/08/16/trump-greenland-purchase-harry-truman-denmark/?noredirect=on

From a strategic sense, it had value during the Cold War (bombers launched from there would be halfway to Russia).

Don't think that plays a big a role as it did back then. The US has bases all across Europe since WW2. Plus, the world has changed. I think this has more to do with access to the north pole. Lots of potential fossil fuel in the ground that will become more easily accessible now that the ice is melting. With greenland, the us has direct access, or claim if you will, to areas of the north pole.

edit: cant read wp articles because they're behind paywalls

Edited by goDel
  • Farnsworth 1

9 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I think he was inspired by President Truman also wanting to buy it back in the day...

lol that's giving him way too much credit. he probably came up with the idea after fox news mentioned it or one of his supporters pitched it to him as the next latest and greatest scheme he could get in on. 

6 minutes ago, Candiru said:

My brain and heart are waiting for literally anything to matter anymore... so yeah recession!

Well, the guy who broke the news on Bernie Madoff (I always chuckle at his last name - madoff = made off (with everyone's money), the largest ponzi scheme in history now says GE is about to go bankrupt. This isn't too surprising though, as they have been slipping in recent years and just aren't the stalwart of American corporate success they once were.

The US Stock market took a pounding the day before as well... I always assumed Trump was riding Obama's economic groundwork finally coming to fruition (just like Bush II did after Clinton), and just like Bush II, it seems Trump's fucked up the economy just as quickly as he did (although Bush II got re-elected due mostly in part because of 9/11...

Oh, god - Trump's gonna start a war to keep himself in office!

Related image

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Well, the guy who broke the news on Bernie Madoff (I always chuckle at his last name - madoff = made off (with everyone's money), the largest ponzi scheme in history now says GE is about to go bankrupt. This isn't too surprising though, as they have been slipping in recent years and just aren't the stalwart of American corporate success they once were.

The US Stock market took a pounding the day before as well... I always assumed Trump was riding Obama's economic groundwork finally coming to fruition (just like Bush II did after Clinton), and just like Bush II, it seems Trump's fucked up the economy just as quickly as he did (although Bush II got re-elected due mostly in part because of 9/11...

Oh, god - Trump's gonna start a war to keep himself in office!

Related image

This is how I see it as well...