IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

31 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

I haven't heard his account on how he went from a believer to a non-believer. And quite honestly, he seems to me the kind of guy who does this out of pure self-interest. Perhaps his personal business is hurting on those tariffs, or fear for the coming recession. Got a hard time taking him seriously.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, user said:

What about people who need fentanyl for chronic pain? Trump forgot that there's a legitimate use? 

There is plenty of legal fentanyl made in the US, and to be honest, virtually 100% of the illicit fentanyl in North America comes from China. 

The thing is though, this order of trump’s will do nothing to stop the flow of it. Sadly, the fentanyl crisis will end like the crack cocaine crisis; when all the fentanyl users are dead. 

This is also a reason to buy your weed/other drugs from dealers you trust, or regulated sources if you live in a state or country where marijuana has been made legal.

• Like 1

There's not a person alive that literally has done so much for a female, for the female population. I can't think of one person that I could go, except for Mother Teresa. I mean, literally, who has done more for women in office than Donald Trump?"

Tana Goertz, Trump Team Coordinator in Iowa.

Screen-Shot-2019-08-24-at-1.30.49-PM.png

20 hours ago, ignatius said:

koch funded a lot of the anti-climate change science.. big time deniers or at least perpetrators of that misinformation. they're both assholes.  one fewer koch brother makes the world a little better... sometimes it's ok to say mean things about dead people. 

https://www.theonion.com/david-koch-pumps-billions-of-dollars-into-campaign-to-s-1837513455

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/23/after-life-incalculable-harm-billionaire-climate-denialist-and-right-wing-villain#

also, 

trump gonna go hard on this line of bullshit.. just like his favorite dictator

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-economy-crash-message_n_5d601ef2e4b0dfcbd48cea0d

One thing that gets to me, is that he still was motivated to put his money into anti-climate change science, even though he has been at the tail end of his life. Imagine being 70+ in age and still having more money as your number 1 priority. They both only had and have so long to life and they are interested in throwing humanity and a ton of species under the bus for something they won't even really profit from further, or need considering how rich they are. And surely they don't care about other ridiculously rich people. Maybe they are just interested in their family all being rich AF.

Edited by Brisbot

19 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

One thing that gets to me, is that he still was motivated to put his money into anti-climate change science, even though he has been at the tail end of his life. Imagine being 70+ in age and still having more money as your number 1 priority. They both only had and have so long to life and they are interested in throwing humanity and a ton of species under the bus for something they won't even really profit from further, or need considering how rich they are. And surely they don't care about other ridiculously rich people. Maybe they are just interested in their family all being rich AF.

I'd go as far as to say that it's a mental disorder if not a mental illness.  How can you be so self absorbed that you are one of the richest people in the world and yet you lobby to try and get more money and keep others down?

• Like 1

If it happens the US army is obligated to uphold the constitution over the executive branch, or any branch of government.  So they wouldn't let such a thing happen because the constitution outlines democracy not autocracy.

No. I think by now the other members of the G7 - besides Trump that is - know how to deal with Trump. France already changed the program from the last one in Canada, I believe. Where some formalities got Trump in the antagonist mode. And Macron is dealing with Trump. He's slick enough to stroke Trumps ego while going the different direction.

Current news around here says G7 gave Macron/FRance a mandate to talk to Iran to normalise the situation again. If true, Trump must have agreed on something. Which surprises me, tbh. As long as it's Trumps idea and he gets the credits, I guess it's OK with him. Even if his buddy in Israel would think differently. But it's only to talk, so who knows.

yeah.. re: that screen grab of the Nance tweet -  it's internet bullshit click bait but for a moment captures the hysteria in america.. it goes in every direction. i think that Nance guy is former CIA. 

i'm glad Macron is taking trump in the various 1 on 1 type meetings to develop some kind of relationship even if it just helps the G7 know where the fuck trump's brain is on some things. it helps to find a road map to those places that might be places of cooperation. 

On 8/24/2019 at 2:40 PM, Nebraska said:

ha.. what an ignorant thing to say on so many levels.. mother theresa was kind of an asshole btw. 

so i guess the conversations at G-7 are about the u.s media. and weird- doesn't he always claim that nobody laughs at the united states anymore since he took office and made it the envy of the world?

i guess it's cool though since he's having a good laugh too

Edited by Nebraska

oooohhhhh.....

Donald Trump has rowed with his fellow G7 leaders over his demand that Russia be readmitted to the group, rejecting arguments that it should remain an association of liberal democracies, according to diplomats at the summit in Biarritz.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/25/g7-trumps-demands-for-russias-readmission-causes-row-in-biarritz

is this real or some bullshit? i don't even know anymore.. 

"They start forming off the coast of Africa, as they're moving across the Atlantic, we drop a bomb inside the eye of the hurricane and it disrupts it. Why can't we do that?" the source added, paraphrasing the president's remarks.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/458765-trump-floated-nuking-hurricanes-to-stop-them-from-hitting-us-report

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lewps said:

dropping a bomb in the eye of a hurricane is the coolest (most idm) shit anyone has ever thought of

"The Surprising history of a bad idea"

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2016/11/hurricanes-weather-history-nuclear-weapons/

1 hour ago, Lewps said:

dropping a bomb in the eye of a hurricane is the coolest (most idm) shit anyone has ever thought of

it's like that time they detonated an atomic bomb in the sea and thought it might cause a chain reaction and destroy the world but they did it anyway. ?

• Like 1
  • Burger 2

3 hours ago, Nebraska said:

so i guess the conversations at G-7 are about the u.s media. and weird- doesn't he always claim that nobody laughs at the united states anymore since he took office and made it the envy of the world?

i guess it's cool though since he's having a good laugh too

or the much more likely option, Trump is full of bullshit. 

Edited by azatoth

good episode of The Lawfare Podcast this week. detailed insight into patterns of authoritarian shifts and overlap with trump actions.

The Lawfare Podcast: Jessica Marsden on New Proposals for Protecting Democracy

In a recent white paper, the organization Protect Democracy makes the case that President Trump has used the powers of the presidency, federal resources, and intimidating rhetoric to manipulate election outcomes in the United States. The paper argues that the answer to this behavior is congressional action and offers recommendations for legislation on six issues ranging from preventing voter intimidation to requiring campaigns to disclose offers of financial assistance.

Edited by very honest

10 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

Whitehouse officials stating that most hurricanes are originating out of Iran... best get to the source of this pesky hurricane issue

You'd think the actual crisis would be mental illness originating out of the White House

10 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

Whitehouse officials stating that most hurricanes are originating out of Iran... best get to the source of this pesky hurricane issue

don't they come from off the coast of Africa? donnie's next idea better be building a wall in the Atlantic ocean to stop them from getting to the US ...and make Africa pay for it!! or why not giant fans installed in the gulf of mexico that will blow them away from Florida and down to some shithole country?