IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

People believe what they want to believe. Makes no sense to try to "reason" with them. And I say "reason", because who the hell knows what that is...

Anyways, enjoyed Neal Katyal's legal commentary on the 2nd amendment at Arie Melba Toast. Great clarification on what it is/isnt. (Ignore the snowflake title for a bit)

^^ yeah, heard that before and i'm not sure how i feel about it. the way i see it- america has always had guns- and it's only now that we're talking about serious gun regulation because of all the shootings. i think instead we should be asking: why we have more shootings now rather than before? it's not even like guns are cheaper or easier to get. they're actually harder to get than they were 20 years ago. technically, we should have been having more gun violence before than we do now 

13 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

^^ yeah, heard that before and i'm not sure how i feel about it. the way i see it- america has always had guns- and it's only now that we're talking about serious gun regulation because of all the shootings. i think instead we should be asking: why we have more shootings now rather than before? it's not even like guns are cheaper or easier to get. they're actually harder to get than they were 20 years ago. technically, we should have been having more gun violence before than we do now 

you have to remember that before the 2nd amendment people there were gun regulations.. back when the NRA was basically just a gun education group that taught people to be safe w/guns and how to shoot etc. but then it got really political and became a lobby group. a lot of long time NRA members left the NRA at this time. 

we've always had guns but there were rules in place.. but capitalism took over and marketing and sales and all that shit.  most people thought the guns laws we had and gun regulation were reasonable. you can't own a fully automatic 50 caliber tommy gun etc.. lot's of guns were made illegal.  most people agreed it was the right thing to do. 

it's only in this modern ERA of the NRA that triggered all conservative gun people to get political that we have all this drama over the 2nd amendment. 

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

it's only in this modern ERA of the NRA that triggered all conservative gun people to get political that we have all this drama over the 2nd amendment. 

i seem to remember this really taking off around the time of columbine.

i'll never forget charlton heston saying he slept with a gun under his pillow. then he was asked "do you think you need it?" and he answered "oh no. but i have the right to own it"

also- this will be happening soon:

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

but then it got really political and became a lobby group.

now it's considered a domestic terrorist organization in san francisco. does that mean card carrying members would be considered terrorists in the bay area?

^^^ oh great. let's break the postal system so we can move forward w/privatizing it. these derps have no idea about what a "public good" is. 

regarding the NRA - it's pre columbine but it hit the stratosphere then for sure.. it was steadily gaining influence for quite a while before that.. certainly in the 80s. but for a long long time it was a gun safety organization... though it was full of racists in the south who feared black people.  and coincidentally it sort of had its birth when the KKK was made illegal. 

Edited by ignatius

6 hours ago, ignatius said:

^^^ oh great. let's break the postal system so we can move forward w/privatizing it. these derps have no idea about what a "public good" is. 

well, doesn't help that they're now drinking from the toilet

speaking of the NRA: they got the memo that their now considered domestic terrorists 

14 hours ago, Nebraska said:

speaking of the NRA: they got the memo that their now considered domestic terrorists 

Don't they usually install sinks on the top of toilets like this (so you can wash your hands)? I've never seen a drinking fountain and can't imagine it's that hygienic being in so close proximity to well, the toilet. Granted, the water is clean (same water used to refill toilet tank and admittedly is efficient), but still - proximity.

14 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

but still - proximity.

don't worry. those drinking fountains are only at the camps where they illegal aliens are housed. remember rep.steve king didn't post this to show you how the detainees are living- he posted it to tell you the democrats are wrong. 

1 minute ago, Nebraska said:

don't worry. those drinking fountains are only at the camps where they illegal aliens are housed. remember rep.steve king didn't post this to show you how the detainees are living- he posted it to tell you the democrats are wrong. 

Whew! I feel much better now!

15 hours ago, Nebraska said:

Did Steve King just brag about having 103 people attend his town hall?

I can't believe Dorian missed mar-a-lago. it was like, right there in the bull's-eye and left it unscathed.

kinda a metaphor for donnie's presidency I suppose...bad shit swirling all around him, yet he still stands there unfazed.

31 minutes ago, zero said:

I can't believe Dorian missed mar-a-lago. it was like, right there in the bull's-eye and left it unscathed.

kinda a metaphor for donnie's presidency I suppose...bad shit swirling all around him, yet he still stands there unfazed.

The Devil takes care of his own they say...

rise to high heights in the white house. one week you're getting coffee and then suddenly you're negotiating with house of saud

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/09/06/white-house-announces-jared-kushners-former-coffee-boy-new-middle/

The new US-Middle East peace envoy will be a 30-year-old White House administrative assistant, President Donald Trump announced yesterday.

Avi Berkowitz, an assistant to White House senior advisor and Mr Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, will inherit the role from Jason Greenblatt, formerly Mr Trump’s real estate lawyer, after Mr Greenblatt announced yesterday he would step down.

Mr Berkowitz, who graduated from Harvard Law School in 2016, has no foreign policy experience. He joined the Trump campaign in 2016 and has since served as Mr Kushner’s right-hand-man in the administration.

A 2017 Business Insider profile of Mr Berkowitz quoted former White House spokeswoman Hope Hicks as saying his main duties were “daily logistics like getting coffee and coordinating meetings.”